Joseph Olayeni Oni
|Governor of Niger State|
July 1978 – October 1979
|Preceded by||Okoh Ebitu Ukiwe|
|Succeeded by||Awwal Ibrahim|
Colonel Joseph Olayeni Oni was the military governor of Niger State, Nigeria from July 1978 to October 1979 during the military regime of General Olusegun Obasanjo. Oni replaced Navy Commander Okoh Ebitu Ukiwe. He established a budget of N157 million for 1979, of which N76 million was devoted to capital expenditure.
Promoted to Brigadier, Oni was commander of the 1st Division from 9 January 1984 to 16 September 1985. As Brigadier General, Oni was commander of the Headquarters Training and Doctrine Command, Nigerian Army, Minna from 15 September 1986 to 31 December 1987.
- The face of destiny: an account of early life of Nwoye. Bachudo Publishers. 2002. ISBN 978-35215-0-0.
- Africa research bulletin: Political, social, and cultural series, Volumes 14-15. Africa Research. 1977. p. 4920.
- Ibrahim Ahmed Biu (10 Apr 79). "Niger State Budget". Kaduna NEW NIGERIAN: 10. Check date values in:
- "CHRONICLE OF COMMAND OF 1 DIVISION NIGERIAN ARMY". Nigerian Army. Retrieved 2010-05-20.
- "CHRONICLE OF COMMAND". Training and Doctrine Command,Nigerian Army. Retrieved 2010-05-20.
|This biographical article related to the Nigerian military is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|