This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Spouse(s)||Jessica Hinze (2004-2007), Brooke Sweeten (2015-)|
|Cooking style||Fine Dining, Circus Cuisine|
Justin M. Warner (born in Hagerstown, Maryland) is an American chef. He is best known for his appearances on Food Network, including the eighth season of the series Food Network Star, which he won. He is the author of The Laws of Cooking: And How to Break Them (2015). He is also the chef host of Eat the Universe on marvel.com where he makes meals inspired by characters of the Marvel Universe.
Warner was born on February 11, 1984 in Hagerstown, Maryland. His mother, Jan, is a schoolteacher, and his father was a psychiatrist. Warner was born when his father was 57 years old. His father died shortly after Justin graduated from South Hagerstown High School in 2002.
Warner appeared on 24 Hour Restaurant Battle in August 2010 with his then-girlfriend J.J. Pyle. They won the episode with their brunch restaurant concept, but the restaurant itself never came to fruition.
Food Network Star
Later in 2012 Warner became a contestant on the eighth season of Food Network Star, mentored by Alton Brown. He did not watch the series before becoming a contestant, because he does not own a television. He eventually became one of the final four contestants, and he filmed a pilot for a potential series called Rebel with a Culinary Cause. He won the competition. Alton Brown announced on January 4, 2013, that he will "regrettably" not be producing Justin's show. In March 2013, Justin Warner debuted a one-hour pilot special on Food Network titled Rebel Eats. In 2014, he started judging on the Show Guy's Grocery Games, and sometimes even competes.
Starting October 31, 2016 Warner, along with a few others acting as staff, created a new cooking show on Twitch.tv known as Chefshock, "Shockingly Real, Shockingly Live, and just plain Shockingly Delicious.", where he cooks live from his home kitchen from completely raw ingredients with viewers encouraged to cook along and ask questions. Questions are often presented to Warner by a moderator who shares in eating the finished results, while those that cook along and post their own progress pictures are featured throughout the show during lulls in the cooking process. Ingredients required to cook along at home are shared a week in advance, usually through the use of google documents to allow those that wish to participate time to gather them.
On June 29, 2015 Justin Warner married his fiancé Brooke Sweeten.
|2010||24 Hour Restaurant Battle||Himself||Episode winner with partner J.J.|
|2012||Food Network Star||Himself||Contestant: Season 8|
|Unique Eats||Himself||Season 4 episode 7: "Comfort Food"|
|2014-present||Guy's Grocery Games||Himself||Recurring judge|
Has competed on the show.
|2015||Breaking the Rules: Chocolate||Himself/Host||"Superstar Sabatoge"|
|2016-present||ChefShock||Himself/Co-host||Writer and producer for the show|
|2017||Cook vs. Cons||Himself||Recurring judge|
- Hagerstown native shines as next 'Food Network Star' - herald-mail.com. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- . Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- Justin M. Warner (EatFellowHumans) on Twitter. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- The Next Food Network Star: Justin Warner Wins Season 8 Befittingly, But The Voting System Needs The Axe. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- Justin Warner Birthday Announcement on Facebook
- Justin Warner named winner of 'Food Network Star' competition » Knoxville News Sentinel. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- Justin Warner : Shows : Food Network. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- Justin Warner closes in on victory with 'The Next Food Network Star' - Page 2 - Herald-Mail. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- Hagerstown native Justin Warner competes on 'The Next Food Network Star' - mcall.com. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- Do or Dine's Justin Warner On Why Brunch Sucks: Interview Part 2 - New York - Restaurants and Dining - Fork in the Road. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- 24-Hour Restaurant Battle Sort of Looks Like This Show and That Show and That One, Too - TV Watch - Eater National. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- Do or Dine's Justin Warner Wins 'Food Network Star' - Restaurants – Blackbook. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- Justin Warner - Food Network Star Season 8 Winner - Interview | Rickey.org. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- . Retrieved January 4th 2013
- Do or Dine, Brooklyn Restaurant | Local Brooklyn News and Features | The Brooklyn Ink. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- Justin Warner's Twitch Livestream Cooking Show
- Chefshock Ingredients Document List
- Justin Warner Got Married Today | Food Network Gossip. Retrieved August 19, 2015.