This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
February 11, 1984 |
Hagerstown, Maryland, US
|Spouse(s)||Jessica Hinze (2004-2007), Brooke Sweeten (2015-)|
|Cooking style||Fine Dining, Circus Cuisine|
Justin M. Warner (born in Hagerstown, Maryland) is an American chef. He is perhaps best known as the winner of the eighth season of the Food Network series Food Network Star. He is the author of The Laws of Cooking: And How to Break Them (2015).
Warner appeared on 24 Hour Restaurant Battle in August 2010 with his then-girlfriend J.J. Pyle. They won the episode with their brunch restaurant concept, but the restaurant itself never came to fruition.
Food Network Star
Later in 2012 Warner became a contestant on the eighth season of Food Network Star, mentored by Alton Brown. He did not watch the series before becoming a contestant, because he does not own a television. He eventually became one of the final four contestants, and he filmed a pilot for a potential series called Rebel with a Culinary Cause. He won the competition, but he has not confirmed that Rebel with a Culinary Cause will be the final title of the series. Alton Brown announced on January 4, 2013, that he will "regrettably" not be producing Justin's show. In March 2013, Justin Warner debuted a one-hour pilot special on Food Network titled Rebel Eats.
Warner was born on February 11, 1984 in Hagerstown, Maryland. His mother, Jan, is a schoolteacher, and his father was a psychologist. Warner was born when his father was 57 years old. His father died shortly after Justin graduated from South Hagerstown High School in 2002.
Warner has had no formal culinary training; he was inspired to learn to cook by his father. He was one of the co-owners of Do or Dine restaurant in Bed-Stuy, New York, before it closed in September 2015. Warner says that the apparent redness on his lips is not from lipstick, but from frequent use of Burt's Bees.
On June 29, 2015 Justin Warner married his fiancée Brooke Sweeten.
Starting October 31, 2016 Warner, along with a few others acting as staff, created a new cooking show on Twitch.tv known as Chefshock, "Shockingly Real, Shockingly Live, and just plain Shockingly Delicious.", where he cooks live from his home kitchen from completely raw ingredients with viewers encouraged to cook along and ask questions. Questions are often presented to Warner by a moderator who shares in eating the finished results, while those that cook along and post their own progress pictures are featured throughout the show during lulls in the cooking process. Ingredients required to cook along at home are shared a week in advance, usually through the use of google documents to allow those that wish to participate time to gather them.
|2012||Food Network Star||Himself||Contestant: Season 8|
|Unique Eats||Himself||Season 4 episode 7: "Comfort Food"|
|2014-present||Guy's Grocery Games||Himself||Recurring judge
Has competed on the show.
|2015||Breaking the Rules: Chocolate||Himself/Host||"Superstar Sabatoge"|
|2016-present||ChefShock||Himself/Co-host||Writer and producer for the show|
|2017||Cook vs. Cons||Himself||Recurring judge|
- Hagerstown native shines as next 'Food Network Star' - herald-mail.com. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- . Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- Justin M. Warner (EatFellowHumans) on Twitter. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- The Next Food Network Star: Justin Warner Wins Season 8 Befittingly, But The Voting System Needs The Axe. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- Hagerstown native Justin Warner competes on 'The Next Food Network Star' - mcall.com. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- Do or Dine's Justin Warner On Why Brunch Sucks: Interview Part 2 - New York - Restaurants and Dining - Fork in the Road. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- 24-Hour Restaurant Battle Sort of Looks Like This Show and That Show and That One, Too - TV Watch - Eater National. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- Justin Warner : Shows : Food Network. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- Do or Dine's Justin Warner Wins 'Food Network Star' - Restaurants – Blackbook. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- Justin Warner - Food Network Star Season 8 Winner - Interview | Rickey.org. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- Justin Warner named winner of 'Food Network Star' competition » Knoxville News Sentinel. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- . Retrieved January 4th 2013
- Justin Warner Birthday Announcement on Facebook
- Justin Warner closes in on victory with 'The Next Food Network Star' - Page 2 - Herald-Mail. Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- Do or Dine, Brooklyn Restaurant | Local Brooklyn News and Features | The Brooklyn Ink. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- ‘Food Network Star’ winner Justin Warner talks food, bullies and chapstick - Zap2it. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- - The Daily. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- Justin Warner Got Married Today | Food Network Gossip. Retrieved August 19, 2015.
- Justin Warner's Twitch Livestream Cooking Show
- Chefshock Ingredients Document List