This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Cheyenne, Wyoming/Scottsbluff, Nebraska|
Fox 27 (KLWY)|
Wyoming's Fox TV (KFNB)
|Channels||Digital: 27 (UHF)|
(sale to Legacy Broadcasting pending)
|Founded||October 31, 1985|
|First air date||December 23, 1988|
|Call letters' meaning||Laramie County, WYoming|
UPN (secondary, 1995–2006) |
ABC (satellite stations; 1988–2004)
|Transmitter power||169 kW|
|Height||232 m (761 ft)|
|Public license information:||
KLWY, virtual and UHF digital channel 27, is a Fox-affiliated television station licensed to Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States. The station is owned by Wyomedia Corporation. KLWY's transmitter is located southwest of Cheyenne along I-25.
KLWY operates three satellite stations:
|Station||City of license||Channels
(RF / VC)
|First air date||ERP||HAAT||Facility ID||Transmitter coordinates||Transmitter location||Public license information|
|19841||52.4 kW||560 m (1,837 ft)||74256||Casper Mountain||Profile|
|December 22, 19573||11.3 kW||526 m (1,726 ft)||21613||near the northern end of Boysen Reservoir||Profile|
|April 16, 19865||0.978 kW||51.1 m (168 ft)||21612||atop "R-Hill"||Profile|
- 1. The Broadcasting and Cable Yearbook says October 31, while the Television and Cable Factbook says November 1.
- 2. KFNE used the callsign KWRB-TV from its 1957 sign-on until 1980, then KTNW until 1984, then KFWY-TV until 1986. It aired programming from all three networks until 1984.
- 3. KFNE's current license dates to May 3, 1991.
- 4. KFNR used the callsign KRWY from April 16 to August 9, 1986.
- 5. KFNR's current license dates to March 8, 1991.
- All three stations (with KFNB as flagship) were affiliated with ABC from 1984 until 2004, when they became satellites of KLWY.
- KFNB and KFNE air separate identifications, logo bugs and commercial inserts from KLWY and KFNR. KLWY and KFNR identify as Fox 27 KLWY Cheyenne/Scottsbluff while KFNB and KFNE identify jointly as Wyoming's Fox TV KFNB Casper/Riverton.
KLWY signed on in 1988 as the second full-fledged commercial station in eastern Wyoming, and the first since KGWN-TV brought television to the region in 1954. It immediately joined Fox. Before KLWY hit the airwaves, Denver's KDVR served as eastern Wyoming's Fox affiliate via cable.
KLWY carried a secondary affiliation with UPN until the network closed in September 2006.
The station formerly had two other repeaters, K26ES in Casper, and K11RN in Douglas. Wyomedia converted these two stations into full-time UPN affiliates in 2004, then to CW affiliates after UPN's closure. K26ES is now KWYF-LD, an affiliate of MyNetworkTV and MeTV; its programming is simulcast in Cheyenne on the third subchannel of KLWY.
KLWY made the switch to digital on February 17, 2009.
The station does not have a website. KLWY does not air its own newscasts; the only newscast on the station is a rebroadcast of Good Morning Wyoming from KTWO-TV in Casper. However, KTWO's programming, including ABC programming and its newscasts, are simulcast on a digital subchannel of KLWY.
Wyomedia Corporation agreed to sell its stations to Legacy Broadcasting on February 8, 2018. The deal will create a duopoly between KFNB and KTWO-TV, which Legacy will concurrently acquire from Silverton Broadcasting Company; in its filing with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Legacy stated that the duopoly is permissible because KFNB is the fifth-ranked station in the Casper-Riverton market, trailing sister station KWYF-LD as well as KTWO, KCWY-DT, and KGWC-TV.
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP short name||Programming    |
|27.1 & 11.1
20.1 & 10.1
|720p||16:9||KLWY & KFNR
KFNB & KFNE
|Main KLWY/KFNR programming / Fox ("Fox 27") (HD) in Cheyenne, WY/Scottsbluff, NE & Rawlins, WY|
Main KFNB/KFNE programming / Fox ("Wyoming's Fox TV") (HD) in Casper & Riverton, WY
10.2 & 11.2
|480i → 720p||4:3 → 16:9||KTWO-SD
|Simulcast of KKTQ-LD1 (ABC) (SD → HD) in Cheyenne, WY/Scottsbluff, NE|
Simulcast of KTWO (ABC) (SD → HD) in Riverton, WY & Rawlins, WY
|27.3 & 20.2||480i||4:3||KWYF||Simulcast of KWYF-LD1 (MyNetworkTV & MeTV) in Cheyenne, WY/Scottsbluff, NE & Casper, WY|
- RabbitEars TV Query for KKTQ-LD
- RabbitEars TV Query for KWYF-LD
- http://www.joelwnelson.com/tvscreengrabs/index.php?album=KLWY&image=2013-02-05-AM-11-28-41.jpg. Retrieved 14 May 2014. Missing or empty
- http://www.joelwnelson.com/tvscreengrabs/index.php?album=KFNB&image=KFNB+-+004.jpg. Retrieved 14 May 2014. Missing or empty
- "Application for Consent to Assignment of Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. February 12, 2018. Retrieved February 13, 2018.
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KLWY
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KFNB
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KFNE
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KFNR
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KLWY-TV
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KFNB-TV
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KFNE-TV
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KFNR-TV
|This article about a television station in Wyoming is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|