|Salt Lake City, Utah
|Slogan||Family Friendly Television from the Mountain West|
|Channels||Digital: 20 (UHF)
Virtual: 20 (PSIP)
|Subchannels||20.1 FamilyNet/The Family Channel/Jewelry Television
20.2 Retro TV
20.3 Infomercials / BIZ TV
20.4 Vida TV
The Family Channel
Jewelry Television (overnight)
Retro TV (DT2)
|Owner||Alpha & Omega Communications, LLC|
|Founded||December 8, 1997|
|First air date||March 31, 2001|
|Call letters' meaning||The Mountain West,
also The Master's Way
|Former channel number(s)||Analog:
20 (UHF, 2001–2009)
|Transmitter power||530 kW|
|Public license information:||Profile
KTMW, virtual and UHF digital channel 20, is a primary FamilyNet and secondary Jewelry Television-affiliated television station located in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States. The station is owned by Alpha & Omega Communications. KTMW maintains studio facilities located on South Redwood Road in the northwestern section of Salt Lake City, and its transmitter located on Farnsworth Peak in the Oquirrh Mountains, southwest of Salt Lake City. The station has a large network of broadcast translators that extend its over-the-air coverage throughout Utah, as well as portions of Arizona, Idaho, Nevada and Wyoming.
KTMW's programming is relayed on two translator stations: K22IT (channel 22) in Provo and K49GD (channel 49) in Spanish Fork (both are analog-only signals and rebroadcast KTMW's fourth digital subchannel).
The channel 20 allocation in Salt Lake City was originally occupied by KSTU (an independent station the time, now a Fox affiliate) from 1978 to 1987. As part of a deal that was approved by the Federal Communications Commission, the KSTU intellectual unit moved to channel 13 in 1987 and currently operates under a separate license. The old channel 20 license was deleted; KTMW's license dates back to its filing on December 8, 1997.
The station's digital channel is multiplexed:
|Channel||Video||Aspect||PSIP Short Name||Programming|
|20.1||480i||4:3||KTMW-D1||Main KTMW programming / FamilyNet / The Family Channel|
|20.3||KTMW-D3||Infomercials / BIZ TV|
Because it was granted an original construction permit after the FCC finalized the DTV allotment plan on April 21, 1997, the station did not receive a companion channel for a digital television station. KTMW shut down its analog signal, over UHF channel 20, on June 12, 2009. The station then "flash-cut" its digital signal into operation on UHF channel 20. KTMW used NVerizon Automation to complete the flash cut.
KTMW's original programming has included:
- Heart for the Lost with Andy Bird – a program that discusses Evangelism, Apologetics and Christ.
- Heart of the Matter with Shawn McCraney – author of I Was a Born-Again Mormon and pastor of C.A.M.P.U.S (Christian Anarchists Meeting Prayerfully Understand Scripture), McCraney offers his personal insight about the differences between Mormonism and Evangelical Christianity. In January 2013, Heart of the Matter was abruptly canceled under pressure from local Evangelical pastors who feared McCraney would discuss and possibly criticize them and their methods.
- Polygamy: What Love Is This? with Doris Hanson – a live television, phone-in talk show program broadcast weekly on Thursdays at 8:00 p.m. Produced by A Shield and Refuge Ministry, who offers assistance to those trying to leave a polygamous lifestyle, and is hosted by Hanson, a former member of a Utah polygamous community known as the Davis Co-Operative Society.
- The Ancient Paths with Jason Wallace – a television ministry of Christ Presbyterian Church (an Orthodox Presbyterian Church), in Magna, Utah. The host discusses his perspective on various topics and takes questions and comments from callers.
- This Week in the Word with Greg Johnson – as founder of the evangelical Standing Together ministry, Rev. Johnson is joined by two other local Pastors for weekly theological discussions. A common topic is dialogue between faith groups found in Utah.
- Word of the Kingdom with Ernest Khokhar – a television ministry of Miracle Rock International Ministries, where Pastor Khokhar hosts bible study, interviews, and call-in prayer lines.
- RabbitEars TV Query for KTMW
- "Final DTV Channel Plan from FCC97-115". Transmitter.com. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- List of Digital Full-Power Stations
- "KTMW Goes Digital with NVerzion Automation". 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-08.
- "TV20 Originals". TV20 Family Friendly Television. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Bird, Andy. "Heart for the Lost". Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- McCraney, Shawn. "Heart of the Matter where Mormonism meets Biblical Christianity". Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- McCraney, Shawn (2007) . I Was a Born-Again Mormon: Moving Toward Christian Authenticity. New York: Alathea Press. ISBN 0976627604.
- McCraney, Shawn. "C.A.M.P.U.S. – Christian Anarchists Meeting to Prayerfully Understand Scripture". Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- "This Wasn’t Right". Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- Official Homepage for Polygamy: What Love Is This?, by A Shield and Refuge Ministry, the producing organization
- "TV Show, Ministry Aids Polygamists to Break Free (Davis County Clipper, March 9, 2011)
- Billboard Offers Escape, Deseret News, 30 March 2008
- "Former Polygamist Speaks", Davis County Clipper, 3 March 2011
- "The Ancient Paths". Christ Presbyterian Church. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Johnson, Greg. "Standing Together: Television Shows". Standing Together ministry. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Khokhar, Ernest. "Miracle Rock:Watch TV". Miracle Rock International Ministries. Retrieved 10 August 2012.
- Official website
- Official Blog
- Query the FCC's TV station database for KTMW
- Query the FCC's TV station database for K49GD
- Query the FCC's TV station database for K22IT
- BIAfn's Media Web Database -- Information on KTMW-TV