|Parliamentary Constituency||Sheema Municipality|
|• Member of Parliament||Elioda Tumwesigye|
|Elevation||4,630 ft (1,410 m)|
Sheema lies on the Mbarara–Ishaka Road, approximately 33 kilometres (21 mi), by road, west of Mbarara, the largest city in the sub-region. This is about 29 kilometres (18 mi) east of Ishaka. The coordinates of the town are:0°34'52.0"S, 30°22'46.0"E (Latitude:-0.581111; Longitude). The elevation of the Kibingo neighborhood in Sheema Municipality is 1,410 metres (4,630 ft), above sea level.
Sheema Municipality, is an urban centre in Sheema District. It includes the neighborhoods of Kabwohe, Itendero and Kibingo, where the district headquarters are located. Sheema Town was created on 1 July 2018, by carving it out of Sheema North Constituency.
In 2014 the national census put the population of Sheema Municipality (Kibingo-Kabwohe-Itendero), at 80,735 people.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of town: (a) The offices of Sheema Town Council (b) Kabwohe Central Market, the largest source of fresh produce in Kabwohe (c) A branch of Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited (d) A branch of Pride Microfinance Limited (e) Emmanuel Church, Kabwohe, a place of worship affiliated with the Church of Uganda (e) The headquarters of Sheema District (f) Ankole Western University, a private university affiliated with Western Ankole Diocese of the Church of Uganda. (g) Nganwa High School, a secondary school administered by the Uganda Ministry of Education (h) Integrated Community Based Initiatives (ICOBI), an NGO in Kabwohe and (i) Kabwohe Clinical Research Center (KCRC), a research, development, and medical testing center.
- Ainebyoona, Felix (5 June 2018). "Minister Elioda Wins NRM Primaries In Sheema Municipality". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- Administrator (20 July 2018). "Museveni campaigns for Elioda in Sheema". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- Globefeed.com (31 July 2018). "Distance between Golf Course Road, Mbarara, Western Region, Uganda and Kabwohe Town Council, Sheema, Western Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- Globefeed.com (31 July 2018). "Distance between Caltex Petrol Station, Ntungamo - Katunguru Road, Ishaka, Western Region, Uganda and Kabwohe Town Council, Sheema, Western Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- Google (31 July 2018). "Location of Sheema Municipality, Sheema District, Western Region, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- Floodmap.net (31 July 2018). "The Elevation of the Kibingo, Uganda Neighborhood, Sheema Municipality, Western Region, Uganda". Floodmap.net. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- Google (31 July 2018). "Map Showing Location of the Headquarters of Sheema District" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- Chimp Corps (20 July 2018). "Museveni Campaigns For Dr. Elioda Tumwesigye In Sheema Municipality". Kampala: Chimp Reports Uganda. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- Ainebyoona, Felix (23 July 2018). "I contested for Sheema municipality seat because opposition targeted it - Tumwesigye". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- Uganda Bureau of Statistics (27 August 2014). "The population of all Ugandan cities and towns with more than 15,000 inhabitants according to census results: Sheema Municipality" (HTML). Kampala: Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 13 September 2018.
- Ahimbisibwe, Chris (19 April 2009). "Private Universities Cautioned On Fees". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 31 July 2018.