|Elevation||4,890 ft (1,490 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Kabwohe lies on the Mbarara–Ishaka Road, approximately 33 kilometres (21 mi), by road, west of Mbarara, the largest city in the sub-region. This is about 29 kilometres (18 mi) east of Ishaka. The coordinates of the town are: 0°34'49.0"S, 30°22'42.0"E (Latitude:-0.580267; Longitude:30.378333).
Kabwohe is a town in Sheema District. Together with the neighboring town of Itendero, it forms the Kabwohe-Itendero Metropolitan Area. It is the largest metropolitan area in the district. Ankole Western University, one of Uganda's private universities maintains its main campus within the town of Kabwohe.
In 2002 the national census put the population of Kabwohe at 15,355. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the population of the town at 18,000. In 2011, UBOS estimated the mid-year population of Kabwohe at 18,400 people. In 2014, the national population census put the population of Kabwohe at 20,300.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of town:
- The offices of Kabwohe Town Council
- Kabwohe Central Market - The largest source of fresh produce in Kabwohe
- A branch of Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited
- A branch of Pride Microfinance Limited
- Emmanuel Church, Kabwohe - A place of worship affiliated with the Church of Uganda
- Ankole Western University - A private university affiliated with Western Ankole Diocese of the Church of Uganda.
- Nganwa High School - A secondary school administered by the Uganda Ministry of Education
- Integrated Community Based Initiatives (ICOBI) - An NGO in Kabwohe.
- Kabwohe Clinical Research Center (KCRC) - A research, development, and medical testing center.
- UBOS, . (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- GFC (22 May 2016). "Distance between Golf Course Road, Mbarara, Western Region, Uganda and Kabwohe Town Council, Sheema, Western Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- GFC (22 May 2016). "Distance between Caltex Petrol Station, Ntungamo - Katunguru Road, Ishaka, Western Region, Uganda and Kabwohe Town Council, Sheema, Western Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- Google (22 May 2016). "Location of Kabwohe, Sheema District, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- UBOS, . (2012). "Estimated Population of Kabwohe-Itendero In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 July 2014. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- Ahimbisibwe, Chris (19 April 2009). "Private Universities Cautioned On Fees". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 27 February 2015.