Kars Harakani Airport
|Kars Harakani Airport
Kars Harakani Havalimanı
|Operator||General Directorate of State Airports Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||5,889 ft / 1,795 m|
Kars Harakani Airport is a public airport in Kars, Turkey (IATA: KSY, ICAO: LTCF). The airport, opened in 1988, is located 6 km (3.7 mi) from Kars. It has importance for serving also other cities like Ağrı, Ardahan, Artvin and Iğdır in north-eastern Turkey.
In 2006, Kars Airport served 2,352 aircraft and 270,052 passengers. The passenger terminal open to the public covers an area of 1,695 m2 (18,240 sq ft) and has a parking lot for 100 cars. The airport was closed in the spring and summer months of 2007 for renovation works. The re-opening took place on October 22, 2007. The new terminal was designed by architect Yakup Hazan.
Airlines and destinations
|Pegasus Airlines||Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen|
operated by AnadoluJet
|Ankara, Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen|
|Year (months)||Domestic||% change||International||% change||Total||% change|
- Airport information for LTCF at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- "Kars Airport General Information". Retrieved 2010-05-16.
- "Kars`ta havaalanı sevinci". Yeni Şafak (in Turkish). Tüm Gazeteler. 2007-10-23. Retrieved 2009-09-26.i
- L, J (16 November 2015). "Pegasus Airlines Adds New Istanbul Domestic Routes from Nov 2015". Airline Route. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
Media related to Kars Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Accident history for KSY at Aviation Safety Network
- Airport information for LTCF at Great Circle Mapper.
- Current weather for LTCF at NOAA/NWS
- Airport information for LTCF at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This Turkish airport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Eastern Anatolia Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|