|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TN 27,55|
Kolathur is a medium-sized town in Salem district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. This is a beautiful town near the Cauvery River. The shops and Friday market in this area attract people from all villages in the vicinity.
The shops and Friday market in this area
Though this is not a great Tourist place, a small Coracle ride in the river close by is really worth it. Madheshwara Malai is quite close and this also attracts a lot of Tourists. Now the town is developing a lot with Good no of schools and colleges. Soon Kolathur will become a taluk and municipality.as there is a rapid development in and outskirts of town. The Siddeswara temple and Palamalai hills are picnic destinations during summer. The hills has no roads and one has to climb the hills from Chettiyur, Kannamoochi and many other spots to reach the temple. The Palamalai mountain has number of villages.
Palamalai Siddheswara Temple, Mettur, Salem
- Palamalai mountain(Siddeswara temple)
- Malai-Mahadeshwara hills(Chamarajnagar district in Karnataka state)
- Pannavadi Parisal Thurai(Ferry Line)
- Indian Bank
- Canara Bank
- STATE BANK OF INDIA
"New Bharath Clinical Laboratory"
- Vimala Medical & Hospital
- PK Medicals
- Jayanthi medical
- HARIRJ HOSPITAL
VEL Dental Clinic reference: www.veldental.in
As of 2011 India census, Kolathur had a population of 12,748. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Kolathur has an average literacy rate of 62%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 70%, and female literacy is 53%. In Kolathur, 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Kolathur is one of the important transit point between Karnataka (M.M.Hills, Kollegal, Mysuru) and Tamil Nadu. This is 11 kilometres away from Mettur Dam. Now the bus stand is renovated and there is a plans to build new nh from mettur-madeshwarahills and mysuru. soon Kolathur will be in a railway map with new Mettur–Mysuru line.Kolathur To Coimbatore Bus available via Anthiyur and Sathyamangalam at 4:30Am.
- Mettur To Ealarimathikadu Bus Timing - 5.00am,6.55am,9.00am,10.45am,12.55pm,1.55pm,2.55pm,4.45pm,6.50pm,
- Kolathur to Coimbatore Bus Timing - 4.30am,
Villages and habitations
Kolathur is midpoint for many villages. Kolathur Block consists 14 villages consisting of 164 habitations. The details below.
1. Alamarathupatty : Elaraimathikadu | Elupannaikadu | Gandhi Nagar | Kamaraj Nagar | Keeraikadu | Kumbarapatty | Kurumbanoor | Niluvaikalpudur | Merkuthootam
2. Chithirapattypudur : Boomanur | Chithirapattypudur | Karunkaradu | Keelmolaparaiyur | Koasakarattur | Komaravelkottai | Mettuthanampatty | Melmolaparaiyur | Poraimedu | Ramayammal Nagar | Salavaikkalpudur | Saveriyarpalayam | Sengalmedu | Siluvaipalayam |Kavalandiyur|
3. Kannamoochi : Chettiyur | Kandukarankottai | Kannamoochi | Kannamoochipudur | Kavalandiyur | Kosavankaradu | Milakaipothi | Moolakadai | Nanjundapuram | Neduncheliyan Nagar |Oonchamaram | Pitankaneri | Pitaranur | Porasumarathu kadu | S S Kattuvalvu | Uppukalur | Varathan Kadu |
4. Karungalur : Eruthukaranur | Erathukaranurcheri | Gandhi Nagar | Goundanur | Kalayanur | Karungallur ADSt | Karungallur | Komalikadu | Mettu Kaveri Puram | Mettupalayur | Palavadi | Pethancheri | Puduvelamangalam | Sembarampudur | Tharkadu | Tharkadu AD Street | Thelunganur | Veeranur | Vedikaranur |
5. Kaveripuram : Alaiyapuram | Chettipatty | Govindapadi | Kanuvaikadu | Karaikadu | Kathiripatty | Kaveripuram | Korapallam | Kottaiyur | Kilakku Kottaiyur | Kullaveeran patty | Malaiyalathar Kottai | Mamarathur | Neethankadu | Panamarathur Colony | Pudunagar | Sathiya Nagar | Unjakorai | Vellalapatty | Vinayagapuram |
6. Kolnaickanpatty : Kattur | Kolnaickanpatty | Manakadu | Ottankadu | Poraiyar | Pullavaliarikadu | Reddiyur | Sanavoor | Therkarthikadu | Vatchampalli |
7. Lakkampatty : Anna Nagar | Chinna thanda | Cs Puram | Cs Puram Colony | Kuttiyan thanda | Mettu Kottai | Naickan thanda | Neethipuram | Oornatham | Periyathanda | Periya thanda Colony | Perumal Kovil Natham | Rangan boyan kadu |
8. Moolakkadu : Achankadu | Jogimanur | Moolakadu | Nachikadu | Palikadu | Thalavadi | Ukkamparuthikadu | Ukkamparuthikadu AD Street | Uppukodu |
9. Navapatty : JJ Nagar | Karunkaradu | Kavericross | Koorandipudur | Mathaiyankuttai | Nattamangalam | Navapatti | Ottapalaikadu | Perumpallam | Pongianna gounder colony | Sekkanur | Thommankaradu |
10. Palamalai : Echankadu | Edamalaikadu | Kadukamarathukadu | Kemmampatty | Nagampothi | Namankadu | Nathakadu | Pathiramaduvu | Periyakulam | Periyilaikadu | Pullampatty | Ramanpatty | Singarathoppu | Sothankadu | Thalaikadu | Thimmampothi | Thuvarankadu | Uralmarathur |
11. Pannavadi : Boothapadi | Chandrikapuram | Pannavadi | Parisalthurai | Varapallathur |
12. Sampolli : Kombaikadu | Kovilpalayam | Masilapalayam |
13. Singripatty : Ayyampudur | Chandriyur | Erikadu | Kottamaduvu | Ottankadu | Subramaniyapuram | Valkinathur |
14. Tinnapatty : Attur | Erottankaradu | Erusappan Kattu valavu | Kuppagoundar valavu | Mayilpatty Kattuvalavu | Morasapattiyan theru | Pudduvelamangalam | Sethukkuli | Thanamoorthikadu | Vatakathikadu | Vellakarattur |
ENTERTAINMENT: This Town is having one cinema theater namely: 1.Gowri dts↵
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.