Kolbe Cathedral High School
|Kolbe Cathedral High School|
|33 Calhoun Place
Bridgeport, Connecticut, (Fairfield County) 06604
|Motto||Empowering Our Learning Community with Knowledge, Skills, and Catholic Values|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Color(s)||Sky Blue and Yellow|
|Affiliation||Diocese of Bridgeport|
|Athletic Director||Lisa Hodges|
Kolbe Boys High School and Cathedral Girls High School opened in the 1960s. Kolbe (opened 1963) was staffed by the Franciscans and Cathedral (opened 1964) by the Daughters of the Holy Spirit. In June 1976 Kolbe and Cathedral merged into a co-educational secondary school. Today, Kolbe Cathedral offers an affordable option for working families in greater Bridgeport seeking a Christian alternative to the city's public high schools.
- Andres Ayala Jr., former Connecticut State Senator, D-Bridgeport
- Chris Smith - Class of 1988 - All-Time leading men's basketball scorer at the University of Connecticut. Drafted into the NBA in 1992 and played three seasons for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Julio Ramirez – R. Stuart Dickson Professor of Psychology, Davidson College; recipient of Presidential Award for Excellence in Science, Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring
- NEASC-CIS. "NEASC-Commission on Independent Schools". Archived from the original on 2009-06-16. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- KCHS. "Kolbe Cathedral High School Website". Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- CTPost. "Kolbe Cathedral Student Honored by President Obama". Retrieved 2014-12-31.