This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Nearest City||Mundakayam / Kanjirappally|
|Lok Sabha Constituency||Pathanamthitta|
|Kerala Legislature Constituency||Poonjar|
Koottickal is a Town at the base of Western Ghats mountain ranges in the Kottayam district, Kerala. It is 2,000 feet (610 m) above sea level and is situated on the eastern border of Kottayam District, 55 km from Kottayam, and around 5 km away from Mundakayam on the NH 220 (Kottayam–Kumily Road). There are streams and waterfalls in the surrounding places. The Muthukora Hills (2500 ft above MSL) are nearby. Urban centres in Kottayam and Ernakulam districts can be viewed from the top of Muthukora Hills.
This village is situated on the banks of Manimala River; Kuttikkanam, Peermade and Thekkady Forest Reserve are close by. St. George's High School is one of the oldest high schools in the Kottayam district.
Rubber is a prime crop in Koottickal, one of the first places in India where it was cultivated. The Irish planter, John Joseph Murphy nurtured his rubber plantations here. The tomb of Murphy is situated atop the nearby hillock in Yendayaar. The old-world charm of British plantations is still around, with purity of village life. It is one of the most beautiful places in Kottayam district.
1. Vettickanam KCMLPS
2. St.George's HS
3. CMS LPS
4. KMJ Public School
5. Little Buds SNDP EMS
2. St Luke's CSI Church, Koottickal 
3. St Mary's Orthodox Church, Koottickal 
1. Palakkunnu Sreedarmasastha Temple, 3 rd mile, Koottickal
2. Thalunkal Devi Temple, Koottickal
1. Koottickal Muhyadheen Juma Masjid
How to Reach
- Kottayam - Ponkunnam - Kanjirappally - Koottickal
- Kochi/Cochin -Thalayolapparambu - Ettumanoor-Pala - Ponkunnam - Kanjirappally - Koottickal
- Thiruvananthapuram - Kottarakkara - Adoor - Pathanamthitta - Ranni - Erumeli - Koottickal
- Thekkady - Kumily -Vandiperiyar-Peerumedu-Kuttikkanam- Mundakayam-Koottickal
- Angamaly - Muvattupuzha -Thodupuzha-Erattupetta-Poonjar-Kavali - Koottickal
- Sabarimala - Pampa - Erumely - Koottickal
AC Volvo bus service is available from Technopark to Mundakayam, by KSRTC.
Nearest Railway Station
|This article related to a location in Kottayam district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|