Kratos XQ-58 Valkyrie
|The XQ-58A Valkyrie demonstrator on its inaugural flight, 5 March 2019 at Yuma Proving Ground, Arizona|
|Role||Unmanned combat aerial vehicle|
|National origin||United States|
|Manufacturer||Kratos Defense & Security Solutions|
|First flight||5 March 2019|
|Primary user||United States Air Force|
The Kratos XQ-58 Valkyrie is an experimental stealthy unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) designed and built by Kratos Defense & Security Solutions for the United States Air Force Low Cost Attritable Strike Demonstrator (LCASD) program, under the USAF Research Laboratory’s Low Cost Attritable Aircraft Technology (LCAAT) project portfolio. It was initially designated XQ-222. The Valkyrie successfully completed its first flight on 5 March 2019 at Yuma Proving Ground, Arizona.
Design and development
The XQ-58 Valkyrie falls within the USAF Research Laboratory’s Low Cost Attritable Aircraft Technology (LCAAT) portfolio, whose objectives include designing and building Unmanned combat aerial vehicles (UCAVs) faster by developing better design tools and maturing and leveraging commercial manufacturing processes to reduce build time and cost. The role of the LCAAT is to escort the F-22 or F-35 during combat missions, and to be able to deploy weapons or surveillance systems.
The XQ-58 was designed to act as a "loyal wingman" that is controlled by a parent aircraft to accomplish tasks such as scouting, or absorb enemy fire if attacked. 
It must also be able to be deployed as part of a swarm of drones, with or without direct pilot control.
The first flight took place approximately 2.5 years from contract award. A total of five test flights are planned in two phases to evaluate system functionality, aerodynamic performance, and launch and recovery systems.
Data from 
- Length: 28 ft 10 in (8.8 m)
- Wingspan: 22 ft 0 in (6.7 m)
- Maximum speed: 567 kn (652 mph, 1,050 km/h)
- Maximum speed: Mach 0.85
- Range: 2,128 nmi (2,449 mi, 3,941 km)
- Service ceiling: 44,997 ft (13,715 m)
- Hardpoints: 8: 2 weapon bays with 4 in each - with a capacity of up to 550 lb (250 kg),
- Bombs: JDAM, Small diameter bomb
Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- General Atomics Avenger
- EADS Barracuda
- AVIC 601-S
- Sukhoi Okhotnik
- Boeing Airpower Teaming System
- "XQ-58A Valkyrie demonstrator completes inaugural flight". 88 Air Base Wing Public Affairs, Wright Patterson AFB. 6 March 2019. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Kratos to launch XQ-222 Valkyrie, UTAP-22 Mako at Paris Air Show 2017". 15 June 2017.
- Rogoway, Tyler. "More Details On Kratos' Optionally Expendable Air Combat Drones Emerge". The Drive. Retrieved 31 December 2018.
- Liptak, Andrew (22 May 2019). "'Skyborg' could let F-35 and F-15 fighter jets control their own companion drones". The Verge. Retrieved 23 May 2019.
- "Kratos XQ-222 Valkyrie Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle (UCAV) - United States". www.militaryfactory.com.