Dr. Kumar Vishwas photographed in IIITM Gwalior 2009 Aurora function
Vishwas supported the anti-corruption movement led by Anna Hazare. He is a member of the national executive of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). He contested the 2014 Lok Sabha election, as an AAP candidate from Amethi, but lost to Rahul Gandhi.
A sting operation was carried out by a media portal ahead of the 2013 Delhi Assembly elections that claimed that some AAP members, including Vishwas, had raised illegal cash donations. The AAP accused the portal of slandering the leaders of the party. Mediasarkar.com and AAP filed cross complaints against each other. The police promised action after a thorough investigation.
A video clip from Kavi sammelan in which he is shown making alleged derogatory remarks about Imam Hussain and Hindu deities and nurses from Kerala went viral on social media websites,various cases were registered against him. Vishwas responded that the clippings were doctored and later apologised for his remarks, saying it was not his intention to hurt anyone's sentiments or feelings.
In 2016, Vishwas was accused by a campaign volunteer of molestation and making "sexually coloured" remarks. The courts ordered a First Information Report to be registered because of the complaint but an investigation by Delhi Police found no significant evidence to substantiate it.
In July 2017, Vishwas was accused of copyright infringement by Amitabh Bachchan in relation to a posting on YouTube. The video was taken down and compensation paid. This was around the same time that he was embroiled in a dispute within the AAP, which he had threatened to quit.
Vishwas has been a guest judge on the Indian Idol television show and a guest on Zee TV's talent hunt show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs.  He wrote the songs "De De Jagah" for the 2018 Hindi film Parmanu: The Story of Pokhran and "Veer Bhagat Singh".
- "Kumar Vishwas may get Lok Sabha ticket from Amethi". Times of India. 11 January 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Indian Mushaira in DSF — Dubai Travel News".
- "India Abroad — June 4, 2010".
- "Hindi poet on a peace mission — International News – News – MSN India".
- Welcome to the ISKCON
- "Arvind Kejriwal formally launches Aam Aadmi Party". The Times of India. IANS. 26 November 2012. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-02.
- "Election Results 2014: Rahul Gandhi wins Amethi seat by 1.07 lakh votes". Economic Times. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- AAP sting operation: Website says will not give raw footage : North, News - India Today
- ‘Media sarkar’ operation stings AAP candidates
- AAP sees CD, gives clean chit to candidates - The Hindu
- AAP,Media Sarkar file complaints against each other,cries of defamation do the rounds
- AAP files defamation case against 'Media Sarkar' - The New Indian Express
- "Kumar Vishwas' mail shows lack of trust in Arvind Kejriwal". DNA. DNA. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- Kumar Vishwas has apologised for his Muharram comments, says Kejriwal : Delhi, News - India Today
- Comment on Keralite nurses: Oommen Chandy wants Kumar Vishwas to apologize - Times Of India
- "Kumar Vishwas apologies over his remarks on Nurses from Kerala". IANS. Biharprabha News. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "Kumar Vishwas booked in Lucknow for remarks against Hindu deities". Firstpost.
- "FIR on Kumar Vishwas molestation Plee | The New Delhi Journal". www.newdelhijournal.com. Archived from the original on 23 March 2016. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- "Molestation case: Nothing substantial found against Kumar Vishwas, says Delhi Police". DNA.
- "Amitabh Bachchan wants Kumar Vishvas to remove father's poem video; Vishwas offers to pay Rs 32". Economic Times. PTI. 13 July 2017. Retrieved 2017-09-12.
- "Kumar Vishwas offers to pay Rs 32 after Amitabh Bachchan sends copyright infringement notice". The Times of India. 12 July 2017. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- Kant, Vishal (11 July 2017). "Kumar Vishwas keeps AAP on edge, 'rift' in national executive over leader's future". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2017-09-12.
- "Indian Idol - Geetkar Special". Sony LIV. Retrieved 2017-10-10.
- "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil Champs 2017 - August 13 2017". ZEE TV. Retrieved 2017-10-10.
- "Video: कुमार विश्वास ने फिल्म 'परमाणु' के लिए लिखा खूबसूरत नग़मा".
- "अरिजीत सिंह, सोनू निगम, कुमार विश्वास, दिग्गज गायकों ने मिलकर गाया 'वीर भगतसिंह वे'". Zee News Hindi. 2018-03-23. Retrieved 2018-06-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kumar Vishwas.|