10 February 1970 |
Pilkhuwa, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
|Occupation||Poet, Indian Politician|
Early and personal life
He is the youngest child of Dr. Chandra Pal Sharma and Rama Sharma. His father was a lecturer in the R.S.S. Degree College, Pilkhuwa. His mother is a home-maker. Vishwas has three brothers and a sister. His schooling started at Lala Ganga Sahay School, Pilkhuwa and thereafter he completed his intermediate from the Rajputana Regiment Inter College, Pilkhuwa. He has a PhD in Hindi literature.
Vishwas has performed regularly at Kavi sammelan both in India and abroad. Venues have included the IIT Roorkee, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, MNNIT Allahabad, NIT Patna, IIM Lucknow, NIT Jalandhar, NIT Trichy, and BITS, Pilani.
Vishwas supported the anti-corruption movement led by Anna Hazare. He is a member of the national executive of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). He contested the 2014 Lok Sabha election, as an AAP candidate from Amethi, but lost to Rahul Gandhi.
A sting operation was carried out by a media portal ahead of the 2013 Delhi Assembly elections that claimed that some AAP members, including Vishwas, had raised illegal cash donations. The AAP accused the portal of slandering the leaders of the party. The party filed a lawsuit against the CEO of the media portal mediasarkar.com.
A video clip from Kavi sammelan in which he is shown making alleged derogatory remarks about Imam Hussain and Hindu deities and nurses from kerela went viral on social media websites,various cases were registered against him. Vishwas responded that the clippings were doctored and he apologizes if he had unintentionally hurt someone's sentiment. Later, Vishwas apologised for his remarks, saying it was not his intention to hurt anyone's sentiments or feelings.
- Ik Pagli Ladki Ke Bin (1998)
- Koi Deewana Kehta Hai (2007)
- Koi Deewana Kehta Hai & Beyond (2009)
- Beyond... (2013)
- Alakh (2014)
- Awarded Certificate of Recognition by California State Assembly
- Invited to Google HQ, California to address the Indians working there
- Invited to La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia to deliver a guest lecture on the topic "The life of poetry in modern India - culture, poetry and song".
- Invited to Victoria University, Wellington, New Zealand to lecture on the topic "Peace and Brotherhood Through The Lens of Indian Heritage".
- Addressed the members of SAPAC (South Asian Public Affairs Council), Melbourne at Thornbury Theatre, Melbourne City. The function was attended by delegates of five countries, India, Australia, Pakistan, Nepal and Bangladesh.
- Who is Dr. Kumar Vishwas – biography, profile and more
- "Kumar Vishwas may get Lok Sabha ticket from Amethi". Times of India. 11 January 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "LRPG College".
- Uttarakhand Traffic: Dr Kumar Vishwas at IIT roorkee in Kavi Samelan
- Algorhythm 2011
- Kumar Vishwas New Kavita March (2010) MNNIT Part 8
- "Dr. Kumar Vishwas @ NIT PATNA Videos, Watch Free Dr. Kumar Vishwas @ NIT PATNA Videos Online : IN.com". http://www.in.com/.
- The Official Blog of IIM Lucknow
- "CEREBRUM AT ANAND ENGG. COLLEGE,AGRA Utkansh'10, NIT- Jalandhar presents Utkansh 2010,Annual Cultural Festival — Events Home".
- "Nit Trichy Timeline". Dipity.
- BITS Pilani Oasis Festival – BITS Pilani to host 40th Oasis Festival on 22-26 October 2010 | Press Release
- "Indian Mushaira in DSF — Dubai Travel News".
- "India Abroad — June 4, 2010".
- "Hindi poet on a peace mission — International News – News – MSN India".
- Welcome to the ISKCON
- "Arvind Kejriwal formally launches Aam Aadmi Party". The Times of India. IANS. 2012-11-26. Retrieved 2013-01-02.[dead link]
- "Election Results 2014: Rahul Gandhi wins Amethi seat by 1.07 lakh votes". Economic Times. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- AAP sting operation: Website says will not give raw footage : North, News - India Today
- ‘Media sarkar’ operation stings AAP candidates
- AAP sees CD, gives clean chit to candidates - The Hindu
- AAP files defamation case against 'Media Sarkar' - The New Indian Express
- "Kumar Vishwas' mail shows lack of trust in Arvind Kejriwal". DNA. DNA. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- Kumar Vishwas has apologised for his Muharram comments, says Kejriwal : Delhi, News - India Today
- Comment on Keralite nurses: Oommen Chandy wants Kumar Vishwas to apologize - Times Of India
- "Kumar Vishwas apologies over his remarks on Nurses from Kerala". IANS. Biharprabha News. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "Kumar Vishwas booked in Lucknow for remarks against Hindu deities". Firstpost.
- कुमार विश्वास - Kavita Kosh
- "Koi Deewana Kehta Hai". Flipkart.com.
- "Awarded Kumar Vishwas Poet California Assembly America — bhaskar.com". www.bhaskar.com.
- "Look who turned up at Google? Kumar Vishwas!". Rediff. 30 July 2014.
- http://www.latrobe.edu.au/events/all/the-life-of-poetry-in-modern-india-culture,-poetry,-and-song. Missing or empty
- https://roundtown.com/event/14382727/Peace-and-Brotherhood-Lecture-Wellington-NZ. Missing or empty
- http://www.scoopnest.com/user/DrKumarVishwas/636573896162934784. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kumar Vishwas.|