10 February 1970 |
Pilkhuwa, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
|Occupation||Poet, Indian Politician|
Vishwas supported the anti-corruption movement led by Anna Hazare. He is a member of the national executive of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). He contested the 2014 Lok Sabha election, as an AAP candidate from Amethi, but lost to Rahul Gandhi.
A sting operation was carried out by a media portal ahead of the 2013 Delhi Assembly elections that claimed that some AAP members, including Vishwas, had raised illegal cash donations. The AAP accused the portal of slandering the leaders of the party. Mediasarkar.com and AAP filed cross complaints against each other. The Police promised action after a thorough investigation.
A video clip from Kavi sammelan in which he is shown making alleged derogatory remarks about Imam Hussain and Hindu deities and nurses from kerela went viral on social media websites,various cases were registered against him. Vishwas responded that the clippings were doctored and he apologizes if he had unintentionally hurt someone's sentiment. Later, Vishwas apologised for his remarks, saying it was not his intention to hurt anyone's sentiments or feelings.
- Awarded Certificate of Recognition by California State Assembly
- Invited to Google HQ, California to address the Indians working there
- Invited to La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia to deliver a guest lecture on the topic "The life of poetry in modern India - culture, poetry and song".
- "Kumar Vishwas may get Lok Sabha ticket from Amethi". Times of India. 11 January 2014. Retrieved 19 December 2014.
- "Indian Mushaira in DSF — Dubai Travel News".
- "India Abroad — June 4, 2010".
- "Hindi poet on a peace mission — International News – News – MSN India".
- Welcome to the ISKCON
- "Arvind Kejriwal formally launches Aam Aadmi Party". The Times of India. IANS. 2012-11-26. Retrieved 2013-01-02.[dead link]
- "Election Results 2014: Rahul Gandhi wins Amethi seat by 1.07 lakh votes". Economic Times. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- AAP sting operation: Website says will not give raw footage : North, News - India Today
- ‘Media sarkar’ operation stings AAP candidates
- AAP sees CD, gives clean chit to candidates - The Hindu
- AAP,Media Sarkar file complaints against each other,cries of defamation do the rounds
- AAP files defamation case against 'Media Sarkar' - The New Indian Express
- "Kumar Vishwas' mail shows lack of trust in Arvind Kejriwal". DNA. DNA. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- Kumar Vishwas has apologised for his Muharram comments, says Kejriwal : Delhi, News - India Today
- Comment on Keralite nurses: Oommen Chandy wants Kumar Vishwas to apologize - Times Of India
- "Kumar Vishwas apologies over his remarks on Nurses from Kerala". IANS. Biharprabha News. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- "Kumar Vishwas booked in Lucknow for remarks against Hindu deities". Firstpost.
- "Awarded Kumar Vishwas Poet California Assembly America — bhaskar.com". www.bhaskar.com.
- "Look who turned up at Google? Kumar Vishwas!". Rediff. 30 July 2014.
- http://www.latrobe.edu.au/events/all/the-life-of-poetry-in-modern-india-culture,-poetry,-and-song. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kumar Vishwas.|