Laketran 1997 New Flyer C35LF. Powered by a Detroit Diesel Series 50G with an Allison B400R ATEC transmission.
|Headquarters||555 Lakeshore Boulevard
Painesville, Ohio 44077
|Service area||Lake County|
|Alliance||Free transfer with Greater Cleveland RTA|
|Routes||Local Routes:1-6, Park-n-Ride:10-13|
|Destinations||Painesville,Mentor,Madison,Willoughby,Willowick,Wickliffe,Willoughby Hills,Fairport Harbor,Eastlake|
|Stations||Painesville Transfer Center, Great Lakes Mall Transfer Center, Shoregate Shopping Center, Wickliffe Park-n-Ride|
|Fleet||2016, 2004 MCI; 2010 Gillig; 2009 New Flyer; paratransit buses|
|Fuel type||Diesel fuel, propane|
Laketran is the transit agency that serves Lake County, Ohio, the county northeast of Cleveland. It is the third-largest transit system in Northeast Ohio, serving Mentor, Painesville, Willoughby, Wickliffe. Eastlake, Fairport Harbor, Madison and other Lake County destinations.
Laketran was established as the Regional Transit Authority for Lake County in 1974. Laketran's services include six local fixed routes, four commuter express routes to downtown Cleveland, and Dial-a-Ride, a door-to-door paratransit service.
Laketran is funded by a quarter of a percent sales tax.
Laketran received an Outstanding Achievement Award from the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) for systems carrying more than one million passengers annually, twice: in 2000  and 2005. Laketran connects to Greater Cleveland RTA at Shoregate Shopping Center (Route #39) and at East 276th Street and Euclid Avenue (Route #28).
With the addition of the New Flyer C35LF, LakeTran also operates a fleet of MCI(Motor Coach Industries) D4000's on their express routes to and from Cleveland. Laketran also operates a fleet of Cutaway buses manufactured by Tesco Bus on light routes and Dial-A-Ride service. In late 2009 Laketran purchased a fleet of New Flyer XN35s and are currently operating them. Laketran also operates a fleet of smaller size low floor Gillig buses purchased in 2010 mainly used for route 6
Laketran's hours of operation for local routes are Monday-Friday:6am-8pm, Saturday:8am-7pm. Laketran does not operate on Sundays or Federal Holidays
- Route 1 - Painesville, Mentor, Great Lakes Mall, Lakeland Community College via Mentor Ave.
- Route 2 - Great Lakes Mall, Lakeland Community College, Willoughby, Wickliffe, Euclid via Euclid Ave.
- Route 3 - Great Lakes Mall, Lakeland Community College, Mentor, Willoughby, Willowick, Wickliffe via Lakeshore Blvd.
- Route 4 - Madison, Perry, Painesville
- Route 5 - Circulator connecting Painesville and Fairport Harbor
- Route 6 - Lakeland Community College, Great Lakes Mall, Eastlake, Wickowick, Willoughby Hills via Vine St.
Park-n-Ride to Cleveland
- Route 10 Mentor - Market Street Park-n-Ride
- Route 11 Madison/Lakeland Community College Park-n-Ride
- Route 12 Eastlake Stadium, St. Mary Magdalene, Shoregate, and Wickliffe Park-n-Ride
- Route 13 Pine Ridge Apts/ Shoppes of Willoughby Hills Park-n-Ride
- "Transportation choices". EcoCity Cleveland. April 18, 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-18.
- "Transit Industry Awards Presented At APTA Annual Meeting" (Press release). American Public Transportation Association. September 26, 2000. Archived from the original on 2001-04-14. Retrieved 2007-04-18.
- "2005 APTA Public Transportation Award Winners". American Public Transportation Association. March 6, 2006. Archived from the original on 2006-10-23. Retrieved 2007-04-18.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Laketran.|
|This article about transportation in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|