Laughing (The Guess Who song)
Cover of the 1969 German single
|Single by The Guess Who|
|from the album Canned Wheat|
|Recorded||1969 at RCA Studio A, New York, New York|
|Songwriter(s)||Randy Bachman, Burton Cummings|
|The Guess Who singles chronology|
"Laughing" is a popular song by Canadian rock band The Guess Who. It peaked at #1 on the Canadian Singles Chart and at #10 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming the band's second single to reach the Top 10 on the latter. It also became their second of three gold records.
Dave Bist of The Montreal Gazette has written that "These Eyes" and "Laughing" gave its audience the impression that the group only made music for the money. "Undun", the group's third "biggie", and "No Time", he wrote, changed that impression.
- Burton Cummings - lead vocals, keyboards, rhythm guitar
- Randy Bachman - lead guitar, backing vocals
- Jim Kale - bass, backing vocals
- Garry Petereson - drums
- Dave Marsh; John Swenson (12 October 1983). The new Rolling stone record guide. Random House/Rolling Stone Press. p. 208. ISBN 978-0-394-72107-1.
- The Guess Who, "Laughing" Canadian Chart Position Retrieved March 6, 2015
- The Guess Who, "Laughing" U.S. Chart Position Retrieved March 6, 2015
- "Guess Who: 15 minutes to success". The Montreal Gazette. July 21, 1969. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- Bist, Dave (January 24, 1970). "Guess Who is another great Canadian pop group". The Montreal Gazette. Retrieved April 2, 2011.
- "flavour of new zealand - search listener". Flavourofnz.co.nz. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- "Top 100 Hits of 1969/Top 100 Songs of 1969". Musicoutfitters.com. Retrieved 2016-10-02.
- Jason Ankeny. "Mah-Na-Mah-Na - Dave Pell Singers,Dave Pell | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-10-02.