||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
2 July 1972 |
Manchester, Lancashire, England, UK
Lee Boardman (born 2 July 1972) is an English actor and narrator.
He is best known for playing Murray Priestman in Drop Dead Gorgeous as well as the drug dealer Jez Quigley in Coronation Street. He appears as Timon the Jew in the television series Rome. He also made an appearance in the fifth episode of the 2011 BBC crime-drama series Death in Paradise. In 2013 he starred in the ITV1 comedy drama series Great Night Out as Hodge. In 2014 he played the recurring character of Amerigo Vespucci in Da Vinci's Demons.
In 2006, Lee starred in the film Fated.
His BBC series Drop Dead Gorgeous won Best Comedy Drama at the British Comedy Awards 2008.
Boardman was born in Manchester, England. He attended Reddish Vale Technology College in Stockport. Boardman then graduated from the Oxford School of Drama and is married to his former Coronation Street co-star Jennifer James. They have one son, Jack Alexander, born March 2004 and a daughter, Scarlett Marie, born April 2010.
- Amerigo Vespucci in Da Vinci's Demons (2014)
- The Interceptor (2014)
- Hodge in Great Night Out ITV1 (2013)
- Narrator of the British version of World's Most Amazing Videos 2 and 3
- Love's Kitchen (2011)
- Craig Falcon in Trollied SKY1 (2011)
- Matt Rowntree in Midsomer Murders ITV (2011)
- Gilford Bell in The Story Of... (2010)
- Bomber in The Street BBC1 (2009)
- Colin in Moving On BBC1 (2009)
- Murray Priestman in Drop Dead Gorgeous (2006)
- Talk Show Host in Longford HBO (2006)
- Jack in Fated (2006)
- Timon in Rome HBO (2005–2007)
- Leading Chef Art Francis in Making Waves ITV (2004)
- Sgt. Brian Skinner in Dalziel and Pascoe BBC1 (2004)
- Road Wars/Street Wars – Narrator (2003–2009)
- Fight School, Sky One (2002) – Narrator
- Jez Quigley in Coronation Street ITV (1997, 1999–2000)
- Voice of BBC Radio 5Live (Radio Station)