Lemelson Capital Management
|Limited Liability Company|
|Emmanuel Lemelson, Chief Investment Officer|
|Products||The Amvona Fund, LP The Amvona Fund, Ltd|
Lemelson Capital Management is a United States-based global investment management company founded in 2012 by Emmanuel Lemelson who is also a Greek Orthodox priest. The company is the general partner of The Amvona Fund, LP, a hedge fund that as of late 2015 managed around $20 million.
Since its inception, Lemelson Capital has been managed by its chief investment officer Father Emmanuel Lemelson, who is also a Greek Orthodox priest.
Hedge fund performance
The Amvona Fund, LP, is a hedge fund that was launched in September 2012, and as of late 2015 managed around $20 million. By mid 2015 the company reported a net return since its launch of 150 percent.
In September 2018, Lemelson was sued by the SEC for stock manipulation, allegedly making false statements about Ligand Pharmaceuticals causing its share price to fall and profiting by $1.3m from the short positions.
- Gara, Antoine (October 27, 2015). "The WSJ's Hedge Fund Priest Has A Terrible Trade Under His Robe". Forbes.
- Copeland, Rob (October 28, 2015). "Hedge-Fund Priest: Thou Shalt Make Money". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 19 December 2015. (Subscription required)
- Keidan, Maiya (25 September 2014). "Who wants to be an SEC Target?". HFMweek. p. 20. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- "Much Confusion Surrounds JOBS Act Filings". Hedge Fund Alert. August 13, 2014. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Matt Robinson (September 12, 2018). "Hedge Fund Priest Sued by SEC for Alleged Stock Manipulation". Bloomberg. Retrieved September 13, 2018.