Leonid Volkov (politician)
|Head of Navalny's regional headquarters network|
|Assumed office |
13 December 2016
|Member of the Central Council of the Progress Party|
15 December 2012 – 19 May 2018
|Deputy of the Yekaterinburg City Duma|
Leonid Mikhailovich Volkov
November 10, 1980
Sverdlovsk, Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russian SFSR, USSR
|Political party||Progress Party|
|Alma mater||Ural State University|
Leonid Mikhailovich Volkov (Russian: Леони́д Миха́йлович Во́лков; born 10 November 1980) is a Russian politician and public figure, IT specialist, chief of staff for Alexei Navalny's campaign for the 2018 presidential election and subsequently the campaign of the "voter strike", co-founder of the Society for the Protection of the Internet.
From 1 March 2009 to September 2013 — Deputy of the Yekaterinburg City Duma. Chairman of the Central Election Committee, created for elections to the Opposition Coordination Council, and head of the campaign of Alexei Navalny in the 2013 Moscow mayoral election. One of the founders of the People's Alliance party (later — the Progress Party, the Russia of the Future party), which, due to the composition of its participants, is considered the "party of Navalny". Former chairman of the Sverdlovsk branch and a member of the Federal Political Council of the People's Freedom Party, a member of the federal political council of the UDM Solidarnost. The captain of the Russia-Ural team at the 10th International Young Physicists' Tournament (IYPT) in 1997, a participant in the 2001 World Programming Championship, in which he took 14th place (bronze medals) as part of the Ural State University team.
Volkov was born on 10 November 1980 in Sverdlovsk, Sverdlovsk Oblast, Soviet Union. His father is Mikhail Vladimirovich Volkov, professor, Chief Researcher of the Laboratory of Combinatorial Algebra, IMKN, Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Education "Ural Federal University named after the First President of Russia B. N. Yeltsin". His mother is Susanna Borisovna Volkova (Kupchik), Senior Lecturer of the Department of New Information Technologies in Education, Ural State Pedagogical University.
On March 1, 2009 he was elected a deputy of the Yekaterinburg City Duma in the electoral district No. 10 of the Kirovsky district (self-nomination). Member of the permanent parliamentary commission on urban economy, urban planning and land use and the permanent deputy commission on local government, cultural and information policy.
Since 2009 — a member of the Solidarnost movement. On April 10, 2010, he organized a rally against the construction of a temple on Labour Square in Yekaterinburg — the event gathered more than 3,500 participants and became the largest protest action in the city since perestroika. On October 24, 2010, he was one of the organizers of the rally in support of Yegor Bychkov.
He is a member of the central election committee of the Russian Opposition Coordination Council and was one of the leaders of Navalny's 2013 mayoral campaign for Moscow. He was formerly a member of the political council of the People's Freedom Party. From December 2016, Volkov was chief of staff to Alexey Navalny's 2018 presidential campaign.
- Balyuk, Olga (2018-01-28). "«Забастовку избирателей» в Екатеринбурге будет вести Леонид Волков" ["Voter strike" in Yekaterinburg will be led by Leonid Volkov]. znak.com (in Russian). Retrieved 2021-01-25.
- "Соратники Навального создадут партию без него" [Navalny's associates will create a party without him]. Lenta.ru (in Russian). 2012-06-26. Retrieved 2021-01-25.
- "Электронная партия" [Electronic Party]. Lenta.ru (in Russian). 2012-08-06. Retrieved 2021-01-25.
- "Леонид Волков | Солидарность" [Leonid Volkov | Solidarity]. Solidarnost (in Russian). Archived from the original on 2012-09-25. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- Martchenko, Ilya. "IYPT Archive". archive.iypt.org. International Young Physicists' Tournament. Retrieved 2021-01-25.
- "Northern Eurasia Contests". neerc.ifmo.ru. International Collegiate Programming Contest. Retrieved 2021-01-25.
- "Биография Волкова Леонида Михайловича" [Biography of Volkov Leonid Mikhailovich]. egd.ru. Екатеринбургская городская дума. Archived from the original on 2015-09-23. Retrieved 2015-09-23.
- "2001 ACM ICPC World Finals Result". Association for Computing Machinery. Vancouver. 2001-03-10. Archived from the original on 2012-10-28. Retrieved 2012-10-28.
- "Волков Михаил Владимирович - Известные ученые" [Volkov Mikhail Vladimirovich - Famous scientists]. famous-scientists.ru. 2010-05-01. Retrieved 2021-01-26.
- Navalny, Alexei (2020-01-22). "Справка на Леонида Волкова @leonidvolkov из уголовного дела "об отмывании денег ФБК". Акцентируют внимание на главном!" [Help on Leonid Volkov @leonidvolkov from the criminal case "about money laundering of FBK". They focus on the main thing!]. Twitter. Retrieved 2021-01-26.
- "Волков Леонид Михайлович" [Volkov Leonid Mikhailovich]. egd.ru. Екатеринбургская городская дума. Retrieved 2019-10-25.
- Volkov, Leonid (2014-10-14). "Люксембург: локальная политическая повестка" [Luxembourg: local political agenda]. leonwolf.livejournal.com. Retrieved 2021-01-26 – via LiveJournal.
- Ezhov, Andrey; Kryuchkov, Stanislav (2018-01-15). "Леонид Волков — Разбор полета" [Leonid Volkov - Debriefing]. Echo of Moscow (in Russian). Retrieved 2021-01-26.
- Nekrasov, Ivan (2010-10-25). "Митинг в поддержку Егора Бычкова: чиновников призвали к покаянию" [Rally in support of Yegor Bychkov: officials called for repentance]. justmedia.ru (in Russian). Archived from the original on 2010-11-26. Retrieved 2010-11-26.
- Политика: Соратники Навального создадут партию без него. Lenta. Published 26 July 2012. Retrieved 3 May 2017. (in Russian)
- Lenta.ru: Политика: Электронная партия. Published 6 August 2012. Retrieved 3 May 207. (in Russian)
- О всякой всячине — Дела партийные (и личные тоже) (in Russian)