Liberty Water Taxi
|Locale||Jersey City and
New York City
|Transit type||Water taxi|
|Owner||Hornblower Cruises & Events|
|Operator||Liberty Landing Ferries, LLC|
|System length||Approximately 1.6 miles (2.6 km)|
|No. of lines||1|
|No. of vessels||2|
|No. of terminals||3|
|Website||http://www.libertylandingferry.com/ Liberty Landing Ferry|
Liberty Water Taxi is a water taxi service based at Liberty Landing Marina in Jersey City, New Jersey, United States offering service between Liberty State Park in Jersey City, Warren Street in Paulus Hook, Jersey City and the World Financial Center in Battery Park City, Manhattan. It is one of several private operators of ferries, sightseeing boats, and water taxis in the Port of New York and New Jersey.
Liberty Water Taxi operates a fleet of 2 catamarans, the 46-foot (14 m) Little Lady built in 1999 by Sea Taxi Catamarans Inc., and the 64.9-foot (19.8 m) Little Lady II built in 2007 by Sea Taxi Catamarans Inc., on one route. Service is provided on weekdays (except major holidays) year-round, with weekend service provided during the summer. All transfers (except transfers involving the free Downtown Connection bus at the Battery Park City Ferry Terminal) are paid as each system runs independently.
|Battery Park City Ferry Terminal
at World Financial Center
Vesey Street at Hudson River Park
Battery Park City, Manhattan
MTA New York City Bus
Foot of Warren Street at Morris Canal Basin
Paulus Hook, Jersey City
|Hudson-Bergen Light Rail|
|Liberty Landing Marina
Audrey Zapp Drive
Liberty State Park, Jersey City
|Ellis Island-Liberty Island ferry|
Ownership and other companies
Liberty Water Taxi is part of Statue Cruises (which in turn is affiliated with by Hornblower Cruises), which also operates ferries to Ellis Island and Liberty Island from Liberty State Park near the Liberty Water Taxi's slip at the Liberty Landing Marina, and Battery Park in Manhattan. The Battery Park City Ferry Terminal is also used by NY Waterway. Other commuter and tourist ferries operating in the Port of New York and New Jersey include the seasonal ferries to Governor's Island, New York Water Taxi, SeaStreak, and the Staten Island Ferry. Circle Line Downtown and Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises run sightseeing tours throughout the port.
- BoatInfoWorld. "Boat, Yacht, Ship Documented Information". Boat, Yacht, Ship Documented Information. BoatInfoWorld. Retrieved July 6, 2010.
- Statue Cruises|Liberty Water Taxi
- "NEW STATE-OF-THE-ART FERRY TERMINAL TO OPEN IN BATTERY PARK CITY ON WEDNESDAY, MARCH 18" (Press release). PorT Authority of New York and New Jersey. March 17, 2009.
- Ohrstrom, Lysandra (June 6, 2008), "Bigger, Better Battery Park Ferry Terminal Finally Arriving", New York Observer, archived from the original on June 16, 2011
- "Battery Park City Ferry Terminal". Project Gallery. Birdair. Archived from the original on August 17, 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "Birdair, Inc. Receives 2009 IFAI International Award of Excellence - Birdair, Inc". www.birdair.com. Retrieved 2016-03-14.
- Liberty Water Taxi
- Ellis Island and Liberty Island Ferry Map
- Statue Cruises
- Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
- Governor's Island Ferry
- New York Water Taxi
- SeaStreak Official site
- Staten Island Ferry
- Circle Line Downtown
- Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises