2015 Lincoln MKC
|Production||August 25, 2014–present|
|Assembly||Louisville, Kentucky, United States (Louisville Assembly Plant)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact luxury crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Platform||Ford Global C|
|Wheelbase||2,690 mm (105.9 in)|
|Length||4,554 mm (179.3 in)|
|Width||1,839 mm (72.4 in)|
|Height||1,605 mm (63.2 in)|
The Lincoln MKC is a compact premium crossover from Lincoln. Lincoln launched the MKC concept at the 2013 LA Auto Show and the production model officially went on sale in June 2014. The MKC is built upon the Ford Global C platform, shared with the Ford Escape small SUV.
Lincoln unveiled the MKC concept at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January 2013. The MKC went on sale in the summer of 2014 as a 2015 model. It is assembled at Louisville Assembly Plant.
Trim levels include the standard model, Premiere, Select, Reserve and top-level Black Label; the latter three are special appearance packages, a tradition started with the Designer Editions in 1976. The MKC offers the "Center Stage" (unique to the MKC), "Modern Heritage" and "Indulgence" theme appearance packages.
To also market the new MKC, Lincoln introduced the Lincoln Date Night promotion, which allows those who qualify and participate to experience an extended test drive in the 2015 MKC and dinner for two at a restaurant of their choice, compliments of Lincoln.
The standard engine is a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder EcoBoost gasoline engine generating 240 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque. A 2.3-liter four cylinder EcoBoost gasoline engine generating 285 horsepower and 305 lb-ft is also offered.
The 6-speed, computer-controlled automatic transmission is activated with a transmission selector; it uses buttons installed to the left of the MyLincoln Touch infotainment touch screen labeled "P, R, N, D, S", a revival of an approach used in the 1950s by the Chrysler PowerFlite transmission and the Packard Touchbutton Ultramatic. The "S" transmission selection represents "Sport" mode, where the Continuously Controlled Damping suspension, electric power steering and transmission shift points take on a different posture.
U.S. sales by year
|Year||Number of units|
- "The Full Spectrum". Autoweek. Crain Communications: 12. 2013-12-09.
- Wernle, Bernie (August 21, 2014) "New 2015 Lincoln MKC ads star Matthew McConaughey" http://www.autonews.com/article/20140821/RETAIL03/140829987/new-2015-lincoln-mkc-ads-star-matthew-mcconaughey#
- "Ford Posts Best U.S. December Sales Results since 2005" (PDF). Media.Ford.com. January 5, 2015. Retrieved 2015-01-07.
- "New Products Make Ford Best-Selling Brand for Sixth Straight Year" (PDF). Media.Ford.com (Press release). January 5, 2016. Retrieved 2016-01-07.
- "Ford U.S. December Retail Sales up 5 Percent - a 12-Year High; Ford America's Best-Selling Brand for Seventh Year" (PDF). media.ford.com. 2017-01-04. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- "All-New 2015 Lincoln MKC Provides Fresh Choice for Small Premium Utility Customers" (Press release). New York: Ford Motor Company. 2013-11-13. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lincoln MKC.|
|Continental||Town Car||Town Car||Town Car|
|Personal luxury car||Continental Mark VI||Continental/Lincoln Mark VII||Lincoln Mark VIII|
|Pickup truck||Blackwood||Mark LT||Mark LT (Mexico)|