List of British Columbia area codes
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 604: Created in 1947 as British Columbia's original area code. Covers the City of Vancouver, the Lower Mainland, Sunshine Coast, Howe Sound and lower Fraser Valley.
- 250: Split in 1996 from 604. Serves most of British Columbia including Vancouver Island
- 778: Created in 2001 as overlay for Vancouver and the lower Fraser Valley in 2001. Extended to entire province in 2007.
- 236: Created in 2001 (Effective 2013), overlays onto all of British Columbia
- 672: Another overlay set aside by officials for future expansion
- "New 236 area code rolled out in B.C.". CBC News. 31 May 2013.