List of Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel, 2016
|Palestinian rocket attacks|
|Regional Council areas hit|
|Settlements hit (evacuated)|
|Defense and response|
This is a detailed list of Palestinian rocket and mortar attacks on Israel in 2016. All of the attacks originated in the Gaza Strip, unless stated otherwise. For information pertaining to the wider conflict, see Arab–Israeli conflict and Israeli–Palestinian conflict. This list does not include reports of deaths and injuries caused by Hamas rocket and mortar attacks that fell within Gaza.
In August 2014, Operation Protective Edge was ended after 4,594 rockets and mortars launched toward Israel. From the end of the operation came into force an unofficial cease-fire between Israel and Hamas.
There were no Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel in February.
There were no Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel in April.
Around 11pm, 1 rocket fired from Gaza at Israel. The rocket fell at Sha'ar Hanegev Regional Council without injures or damage. A salafist group named Ajnad Bait al-Maqdis claimed responsibility.
There were no Palestinian rocket attacks on Israel in June.
Around 11pm, 2 rockets fired from Gaza at Israel. One rocket fell in an empty preschool in Sderot causing extensive damage to the building. No direct casualties were reported. The second rocket fell in open area.
- "Five rockets fired from Gaza toward southern Israel – Israel News". Haaretz. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- "Gaza rocket explodes in southern Israel; no injuries". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 2016-01-24.
- "Rockets fired from Gaza strike near Sderot, none injured". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 2016-03-12.
- Haaretz (2016-03-15). "Gaza Rocket Strikes Open Area in Southern Israel". Haaretz. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "Amid Rising Tensions, Rocket Fired From Gaza Into Israel; None Injured". Haaretz.com.
- "Rocket fired from Gaza into Israel, none hurt". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- "Rocket fired from Gaza, hits open area in Israel". ynet. Retrieved 26 May 2016.
- Groisman, Maayan (26 May 2016). "Salafi group in Gaza claims overnight rocket launching at Israel". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 28 May 2016.
- "Rocket fired from Gaza hits vacant Israeli preschool". Times of Israel. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "IDF retaliates with strikes after Gaza rocket hits children's center in southern Israel – Israel News". Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- "Rocket hits Israeli city on Gaza border; no casualties reported". Haaretz. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "Gaza rocket explodes in southern Israel's Sderot; none injured". The Jerusalem Post. Retrieved 22 August 2016.