List of building materials
Some building materials like cold rolled steel framing are considered modern methods of construction, over the traditionally slower methods like blockwork and timber. Many building materials have a variety of uses, therefore it is always a good idea to consult the manufacturer to check if a product is best suited to your requirements.
Catalogs distributed by architectural product suppliers are typically organized into these groups.
- MasterFormat – 50 standard divisions of building materials - 2004 edition (current in 2009)
- 16 Divisions – Original 16 divisions of building materials
- Category: Building materials
- Alternative natural materials
- List of commercially available roofing material
- Red List building materials
- Building Materials: Dangerous Properties of Products in MasterFormat Divisions 7 and 9 - H. Leslie Simmons, Richard J. Lewis, Richard J. Lewis (Sr.) - Google Books
- Building Materials - P.C. Varghese - Google Books
- Architectural Building Materials - Salvan, George S. - Google Books
- Durability of Building Materials and Components 8: Service Life and Asset Management - Michael A. Lacasse, Dana J. Vanier - Google Books
- Durability of Building Materials and Components - J. M. Baker - Google Books
- Understanding Green Building Materials - Traci Rose Rider, Stacy Glass, Jessica McNaughton - Google Books
- Heat-Air-Moisture Transport: Measurements on Building Materials - Phālgunī Mukhopādhyāẏa, M. K. Kumaran - Google Books