Society of Construction Arbitrators
The Society of Construction Arbitrators is a learned society of arbitrators, adjudicators and mediators in the construction industry, based in London. It has as its object the development and support of commercial methods of alternative dispute resolution. Members of the Society include architects, engineers, surveyors and lawyers from around the world.
The society has published the Construction Industry Model Arbitration Rules (CIMAR), which since being adopted as the standard by the Joint Contracts Tribunal, have been widely used for dispute resolution in the industry. A less widely used publication is the 100-day Arbitration Rules.
- Rovine, Arthur W. (2013). Contemporary Issues in International Arbitration and Mediation: The Fordham Papers (2012). Martinus Nijhoff Publishers. p. 418. ISBN 978-9004274938. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- "JAMS International Panellist Philip L. Bruner, esq. Invited to Join UK Society of Construction Arbitrators". JAMS. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- "Professional, regulatory and trade associations: Society of Construction Arbitrators". Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- Construction Industry Model Arbitration Rules
- cf. The JCT 2011 Edition of the Standard Building Contract, With Quantities, clause 9.3.
- 100-day Arbitration Rules