List of cities by number of billionaires
There are a number of different lists compiled by various publications around the world that attempt to determine the number of billionaires by world's major cities.
In 2015, Forbes Magazine listed New York City with the most billionaires at 78 persons, followed by Moscow with 68 billionaires, and Hong Kong in third place with 65 billionaires. The report also states that the US has the most billionaires per capita of any country.
Business Insider reported New York City maintaining its position as the world's top billionaire city with 103 billionaires in 2014, followed by Moscow (85), Hong Kong (82), and in this publication, as opposed to the Sunday Times, London follows in fourth with (72), followed by Beijing at (37). Only 5% of the world's billionaires are worth more than US$10 billion.
|New York City||USA||103|
There were a total of 2,325 living billionaires in 2014, compared to 2,170 in 2013. There were 2,039 male and 286 female billionaires in 2014, accounting for 88% and 12% respectively of the world's total billionaires wealth of US$7.3 trillion. 34% of world's billionaires are based in these top 20 regional hubs.
The Times of London
The Times (of London), by way of the Sunday Times, compiles annually the Sunday Times Rich List. This list has determined that London is home to the most billionaires (80), whilst New York City is second with 56, and San Francisco rounds out the top three with 49.
UBS Wealth Census
- The World's Billionaires 2015
- Lists of billionaires
- List of universities by number of billionaire alumni
- List of cities by number of millionaires
- List of wealthiest families
- Liyan Chen, New York To Hong Kong: Cities With The Most Billionaires In 2015 March 4, 2015
- "New york is home to more billionaire than other". Retrieved October 12, 2014.
- "cities matters to billionaire". Retrieved December 25, 2014.
- "global billionaire population reach a records 2325 people". Retrieved September 17, 2014.