List of films about class struggle
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2013)|
This is a list of films in which the theme of class struggle features prominently in the movie.
- The Admirable Crichton - 1957 British film - presented on American television as a Hallmark Hall of Fame program in 1968
- Swept Away - 1974 - Italian film
- Modern Times - 1936 - The film references the struggle of the working classes during the Great Depression; long working hours, little job security and meager salary, while the upper classes remain wealthy and bide their time. A tale of struggle of a working couple.
- Winstanley - 1975 - A film about Gerrard Winstanley who along with the group known as the Diggers carried out one of the world's first socialist living experiments. The film reflects class antagonism between peasants and lords in a feudal economy.
- Giddins, Gary (2001). Bing Crosby: a pocketful of dreams : the early years, 1903-1940. Hachette Digital, Inc. p. 292. ISBN 978-0-316-88188-3. Retrieved 25 November 2011.
- Giroux, Henry A. (2002). Breaking in to the movies: film and the culture of politics. Wiley-Blackwell. pp. 35–36. ISBN 978-0-631-22604-8. Retrieved 25 November 2011.
- Film Review, http://linchpin.ca/Blogs/Film-Review-Working-Class-Go-Heaven
- imdb review of Modern Times
- imdb review of Strike