List of music festivals in Italy
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Music of Italy|
|Media and performance|
|Music media||Music media in Italy|
|Nationalistic and patriotic songs|
|National anthem||"Il Canto degli Italiani"|
Italian music festivals
Below is a list of major music festivals in Italy with links to the appropriate external websites:
- Arena di Verona Outdoor opera during the summer months in the Roman amphitheater in Verona.
- Auditorium Parco della Musica Various musical events of all kinds throughout the year at the new music auditorium in Rome in the Flaminio quarter of the city near the Olympic village. *Maggio Musicale Fiorentino In Florence, a wide selection of classical concerts throughout the season, generally from October through April.
- Amalfi Coast Music & Arts Festival Voice/opera, chamber music, winds, piano and visual arts. Join musicians, artists and enthusiasts in the spectacular setting of Maiori, Italy on the Amalfi Coast this July 2015 for two 10-day sessions. Daily master classes, coaching, concerts, exhibits, excursions, etc. for amateur and aspiring professional musicians and artists. Guest program also available for enthusiasts, friends and family.
- Assisi Performing Arts Vocalists and instrumentalists convene in Assisi, Italy, in a program designed to complement the course of study that a music student would experience at a university or conservatory. Focus is on classical music, although jazz is highlighted with the recent addition of the Vanguard Jazz Orchestra.
- Chamber Music Campania A cross-disciplinary music festival in southern Italy for advanced graduate students and young professionals (musicians and composers). Emphasis on wind quintet repertoire, both standard and newly composed works.
- highSCORE Festival Contemporary Music Festival and Master Classes.
- Mandrea Music Festival in Trento. 4 days of Folk, Reggae, Rock and Electronic in the Italian Alps overlooking Lake Garda, pulling crowds from all over the world.
- InterHarmony International Music Festival Classical summer music festival in Arcidosso, Tuscany, Italy with a concert series of internationally renowned musicians and training program for young artists.
- International Music Festival of the Adriatic Chamber music festival for strings, piano, voice, and composition. Students experience three-and-a-half weeks of collaborative music making with renowned faculty at the inspirational setting of the United World College of the Adriatic in Duino, Italy.
- Kals'Art festival of music, cinema, theatre and art held in the summer in Palermo, Sicily. (This link is to the '05 festival program.)
- San Leucio Festival. Classical, jazz, and pop music festival in July near Caserta. Also see Music of Campania.
- MITOSettembreMusica MITO SettembreMusica: International Music Festival that since 2007 takes place in Milano and Turino. From classical music to jazz, rock and pop, from contemporary music to ethnic music, from early music to the most innovative and genre-transcending performances, to which are added concerts and shows for children, film screenings, round table discussions and conferences.
- Fondazione Pergolesi Spontini of Jesi Pergolesi Spontini International Festival
- Music Fest Perugia In Perugia, from July 16 - August 17. Classical music, focusing on piano and voice. Masterclasses, recitals, and concerts with symphonic orchestra of Ashdod. Concerts are in extraordinary halls such as Sala di Notari, Basilica San Pietro, Teatro Signorelli Cortona. Professors include John Perry, Sergei Babayan, Pascal Roge, Norma Fisher, Ilana Vered and others.
- Pietrasanta in Concerto In Tuscany, from 20 July to 30 July. Concerts are held in the Chiostro Sant'Agostino and gather an impressive array of classical superstars each year, including Martha Argerich, Vadim Repin and Boriz Berezovsky. Founded by violinist and conductor Michael Guttman.
- The Ravello Festival Extensive program in July and August in Ravello, on the Amalfi coast.
- Ravello Concert Society Separate from the above, concert and chamber music, generally starts in March.
- Rossini opera festival In Pesaro, birthplace of the composer. Generally in August. Features music of Rossini, but includes others.
- soundSCAPE Composition And Performance Exchange est. in 2005 soundSCAPE promotes the music of emerging composers with performances by internationally renowned faculty and participants; two weeks of master classes, workshops (improvisation, career development, musicology, theory) in the Italian Alps.
- Festival of Two Worlds In Spoleto. Held since 1958, generally in July, a massive program of symphonic music, opera, dance, jazz.
- San Remo Festival The largest festival of Italian pop music in Italy. End of February/beginning of March.
- Pop Music Festival The largest festival of pop music in Italy for emergent artists.
- Annual Verdi Festival at the Teatro Regio in Parma.
- Annual International Festival of Operetta at the Teatro Giuseppe Verdi in Trieste.
- Umbria Jazz Festival In Perugia, generally in July. The largest such event in Italy.
- Endless Festival Collaborative International Festival Online
- Ravello Festival in Ravello
- Independent Days Festival in Bologna
- Netmage in Bologna
- Porretta Soul Festival in Porretta Terme
- Play It Loud! Festival in Orzinuovi
- Rototom Sunsplash in Benicassim
- Liri Blues Festival In Isola del Liri, near Rome, in July. Founded in 1988, it's one of the main blues festivals in Italy.
- Dissonanze in Rome
- Festival della canzone italiana in Sanremo
- Gods of Metal in Milan
- Tempo Reale
- Rossini Opera Festival in Pesaro
- Arezzo Wave in Arezzo
- Italia Wave in Livorno
- Agglutination Metal Festival in Sant'Arcangelo
- Folkest in Spilimbergo
- Festival dei Due Mondi in Spoleto
- Umbria Jazz in Perugia
- Heineken Jammin Festival in Venice
- Festival Internazionale Quartetto d'Archi Reggio Emilia in Reggio Emilia, northern Italy, birthplace of the legendary Quartetto Italiano. Every year in June. The only music festival entirely dedicated to the great art of string quartet.
- Piccola Accademia di Montisi in Montisi, Tuscany  Every year in July. The only festival devoted to the music of the harpsichord and early music/instruments
- Sagra Musicale Malatestiana Rimini