List of people in chiropractic
This is a list of people in the chiropractic profession, comprising chiropractors and other people who have been notably connected with the profession. Many are important to the development or practice of chiropractic; they do not necessarily have DC degrees.
- Colin Carrie, DC: Member, Canadian House of Commons
- Terry Chimes, DC: English musician
- Franco Columbu, DC: bodybuilder and friend of Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Martin Gallegos, DC: California Assemblyman
- Jean-Robert Gauthier, DC: Member, Canadian House of Commons
- Clarence Gonstead, DC: expanded upon BJ Palmer's early 1920 ideas for chiropractic practice which later bore his name.
- George Goodheart, DC: developer of "Applied Kinesiology", and 1st US Olympic Team DC.
- Gary Goodyear, DC: Member, Canadian House of Commons
- Gerry E. Hinton, DC: Louisiana Senator
- Suzanna Hupp, DC: Texas State Representative
- Tom Hyde, DC, Florida Chiropractor who was Team USA, Doctor for the 1987 Pan Am Games, and the 8th Chiropractor to be selected to work at the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.
- Joseph Janse, DC: helped found the independently chartered Council on Chiropractic Education (CCE). As President of National College, (now known as National University of Health Sciences), he led the institution to become the first chiropractic college to achieve federally recognized status. He was also a renowned anatomist, and established the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics.
- Joseph C. Keating, Jr., PhD: (1950–2007) trained as a clinical psychologist who spent the majority of his life teaching and researching the chiropractic profession. He is best known for his published works as a historian of chiropractic.
- Jack LaLanne, DC: TV Personality, Body Builder, Inventor, Entrepreneur, Fitness and Nutrition Advocate
- James Lunney, DC: Member Parliament of Canada
- Karyn Marshall, DC: an Olympic weightlifter
- Tom Mason, DC: actor
- Volney Mathison, DC: inventor
- Terrence Murphy (chiropractor), DC: New York State Senator
- B.J. Palmer, DC: son of D.D. Palmer.
- D.D. Palmer, DC: founder of what we currently think of as chiropractic during the end of the 19th century.
- Mabel Heath Palmer, DC: first woman in Chiropractic, B.J. Palmer's wife, became a doctor of chiropractic in 1905.
- Jim Pankiw, DC: former member of the Parliament of Canada
- Dennis Richards, DC: Australian doctor elected President of the World Federation of Chiropractic in 2012.
- "History of Chiropractic Archives - Keating Biography". Retrieved 2009-02-02.
- Reed, Phillips (2013). The Global Advance of Chiropractic. Toronto, ONT, Canada: The World Federation of Chiropractic. pp. xii et al. ISBN 978-0-9811332-3-2.