Ray Bradbury bibliography
The following is a list of works by Ray Bradbury.
- (1950) The Martian Chronicles – Fix-up novel consisting of mostly previously published, loosely connected stories.
- (1953) Fahrenheit 451
- (1957) Dandelion Wine – Fix-up novel of mostly previously published, loosely connected stories.
- (1962) Something Wicked This Way Comes
- (1972) The Halloween Tree
- (1985) Death Is a Lonely Business
- (1990) A Graveyard for Lunatics
- (1992) Green Shadows, White Whale – Fictionalized autobiographical reminiscences, portions of which had been previously published as individual stories.
- (2001) From the Dust Returned – Fix-up novel of previously published, loosely connected stories.
- (2002) Let's All Kill Constance
- (2006) Farewell Summer
In addition to these collections, many of Bradbury's short stories have been published in multi-author anthologies. Almost fifty additional Bradbury stories have never been collected anywhere after their initial publication in periodicals.
Bradbury edited these collections of works by other authors
- (1952) Timeless Stories for Today and Tomorrow
- (1956) The Circus of Dr. Lao and Other Improbable Stories
Bradbury has written over 400 novelettes and short stories.
Screenplays and teleplays
This list does not include adaptations by others of Bradbury's published stories.
- (1955) Switch on the Night
- (1982) The Other Foot
- (1982) The Veldt
- (1987) The April Witch
- (1987) The Fog Horn
- (1987) Fever Dream
- (1991) The Smile
- (1992) The Toynbee Convector
- (1997) With Cat for Comforter
- (1997) Dogs Think That Every Day Is Christmas
- (1998) Ahmed and the Oblivion Machines: A Fable
- (2006) The Homecoming
- (1952) No Man Is an Island
- (1962) The Essence of Creative Writing: Letters to a Young Aspiring Author
- (1967) Creative Man Among His Servant Machines
- (1978) The God in Science Fiction
- (1979) About Norman Corwin
- (1981) There is Life on Mars
- (1985) The Art of Playboy
- (1990) Zen in the Art of Writing
- (1991) Yestermorrow: Obvious Answers to Impossible Futures
- (2004) Conversations with Ray Bradbury (ed. Steven L. Aggelis)
- (2005) Bradbury Speaks: Too Soon from the Cave, Too Far from the Stars
- (2007) Match to Flame: The Fictional Paths to Fahrenheit 451
- (1979) To Sing Strange Songs
- (1979) Beyond 1984: Remembrance of Things Future
- (1980) The Ghosts of Forever
- (1982) The Complete Poems of Ray Bradbury
- (1982) The Love Affair
- (1985) Long After Ecclesiastes: New Biblical Texts
- (1998) Christus Apollo: Cantata Celebrating the Eighth Day of Creation and the Promise of the Ninth
- (2000) Witness and Celebrate
- (2001) A Chapbook for Burnt-Out Priests, Rabbis and Ministers
- (2001) Dark Carnival (limited edition with supplemental materials)
- (2002) I Live By the Invisible: New & Selected Poems
- (2003) The Best of The Ray Bradbury Chronicles
- (2003) The Best of Ray Bradbury: The Graphic Novel
- (2003) It Came from Outer Space (screenplay and related materials)
- (2005) The Halloween Tree, limited lettered and numbered edition which includes the novel, screenplay, variant texts, and related materials
- (2007) Futuria Fantasia
- (2007) Somewhere a Band is Playing: Early Drafts and Final Novella
- Jonathan R. Eller and William F. Touponce, Ray Bradbury: The Life of Fiction, Kent State University Press (2004). ISBN 0-87338-779-1
- Ray Bradbury at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Text of "The Magic White Suit" at The Saturday Evening Post
- Text of "Juggernaut" at The Saturday Evening Post