M.P Birla Group
This article does not cite any sources. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Named after Madhav Prasad Birla, the M. P. Birla Group is one of the leading industrial groups in India. The group owns a number of factories producing a wide range of products, ranging from cement to cables, jute goods and guar gum. Birla Corporation Limited is the flagship company of the group. It has its registered principal Office in Kolkata and offices in Mumbai and New Delhi, among other places. The group includes Universal Cables Ltd., Vindhya Telelinks Ltd., Birla Cables Ltd., Birla Furukawa Fibre Optics Pvt Ltd and Hindustan Gum & Chemicals Ltd. In addition to Kolkata, Birlapur and Durgapur, the group has plants located in Rewa, Maihar, Satna, Raebareli, Kundanganj, Chanderia (Chittorgarh), Jodhpur, Viramgam, Bhiwani, Butibori and Goa.
- Birla Corporation Limited is a cement major and its eight brands are marketed under the umbrella identity of M P Birla Cement.
- Universal Cables Limited is in the cables industry, and its cables and capacitors are known by the brand name "Unistar".
- Vindhya Telelinks Limited manufactures jelly-filled telephone cables in technical collaboration with M/s. Ericsson Cables AB of Sweden.
- Birla Cables Limited produces optical fibre cables and polyurethane jelly-filled insulated cables.
- Birla Furukawa Fibre Optics Private Limited manufactures optical fibre.
- Hindustan Gum & Chemicals Limited: manufactures guar gum and exports to various countries around the world. The company has three manufacturing units in India.
The M.P. Birla Group also runs several institutions, including the M.P. Birla Planetarium, Belle Vue Clinic, Priyamvada Birla Aravind Eye Hospital, South Point School and the M.P. Birla Foundation Higher Secondary School in Kolkata as well as medical institutions like Bombay Hospital in Mumbai, with units at Indore and Siddhi; Birlapur Hospital in Birlapur, West Bengal; M.P. Birla Hospital and Research Centre in Chittorgarh (Raj.); and M P Birla Hospital & the Priyamvada Birla Cancer Research Centre in Satna.
- South Point School and South Point High School, Kolkata
- M.P.Birla Foundation Higher Secondary School Kolkata
- Birlapur Vidyalaya, Birlapur, West Bengal
- M.P. Birla Shiksha Bhawan, Allahabad
- Birla Shiksha Kendra, Chanderia, Chittorgarh
- Priyamvada Birla HS School, Satna
- MP Birla Industrial Training Institute, Rewa
- M.P. Birla Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Bhavan's Priyamvada Birla Institute of Management, Mysore
- MP Birla Planetarium - Kolkata
- Bombay Hospital- Mumbai
- Bombay Hospital- Indore
- Bombay Hospital- Siddhi
- Belle Vue Clinic-Kolkata
- Priyamvda Birla Aravind Eye Hospital-Kolkata
- Priyamvda Birla Aravind Eye Hospital-Durgapur
- M.P.Birla Eye Clinic-Kolkata
- Birlapur Hospital - Birlapur, West Bengal
- M.P Birla Hospital - Satna, M.P.
- Priyamvada Birla Cancer Research Institute, Satna, M.P.
- M.P Birla Hospital and Research Centre - Chittorgarh
In September 2017 it was announced that M.P Birla Cement had agreed to become the co-sponsor of National Club of India Mohun Bagan A.C..The sponsorship deal with M.P Birla Group happened for a sum of ₹ 20 million (₹ 2 Crore).