|Written by||Rumiko Takahashi|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Sunday|
|Original run||May 8, 2019 – present|
MAO is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Rumiko Takahashi. It was announced in the 2019 issue #1 of Shogakukan's Weekly Shōnen Sunday published in December 2018. The series started publishing in the magazine from issue #23 released on May 8, 2019.
The story begins with Nanoka Kiba, a high school girl who has once been in a near-death experience. She gets mixed up in bizarre events after two worlds intersect and meets a mysterious boy, Mao.
- Mao (摩緒)
- The main character of the series, a mysterious man who wield a sword and searches for whoever cursed him using a Cat Demon.
- Nanoka Kiba (黄葉 菜花 Kiba Nanoka)
- The heroine of the series, a third grade girl of junior high school. She apparently died at the hands of a monster when she was young. Eight years later, she seems very much alive, but on the way back from school one day finds herself in the Taisho era, where she meets the mysterious Mao.
- Otoya (乙弥)
- Mao's assistant, a doll created by Mao for spiteful energy.
- "ANIME NEWS: 'Inuyasha' creator's new manga 'MAO' now available". The Asahi Shimbun. June 15, 2019. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- Loo, Egan (December 4, 2018). "Rumiko Takahashi to Launch New Manga Series Early Next Spring". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 27, 2019.
- "高橋留美子：「サンデー」で19年早春に新連載 「境界のRINNE」以来". MantanWeb (in Japanese). December 4, 2018. Retrieved May 18, 2019.
- Sherman, Jennifer (April 16, 2019). "Rumiko Takahashi Launches MAO Manga Series in May". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 27, 2019.
|This manga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|