Myname (Korean: 마이네임; stylized as MYNAME) is a South Korean boy group created by Fly to the Sky's Hwanhee under H2 Media. The group is composed of five members: Gunwoo, Insoo, Seyong, JunQ, and Chaejin. The group debuted on October 27, 2011 with their digital single "Message".
- 1 History
- 2 Members
- 3 Discography
- 4 Filmography
- 5 References
- 6 External links
While in middle school, Seyong was recruited as a trainee under JYP Entertainment in 2007, where he trained for three years. He left the company due to "personal issues" and later joined his current agency. Seyong then went on to star in the KBS drama I Believe in Love. Insoo auditioned for Superstar K2 in 2010. The show featured his studies as a dance major in university as well as a visit from his high school friend, MBLAQ leader Seungho, who gave him advice and encouragement before his audition.
On July 30, 2011, Fly to the Sky's Hwanhee announced that he would be debuting a five member boy group known as "Hwanhee Boys" sometime in September or October of that year after he trained them for two years. Five members were introduced: Seyong, Insoo, JunQ,Gunwoo and Chaejin and they would debut as Myname.
Myname appeared in reality show SBS MTV's Ta-Dah It's Myname. The pilot episode aired on October 25, 2011 and the program began airing regularly on November 5. On October 27, Myname made their official debut stage on the music program M Countdown. Their debut single, "Message", was digitally released on October 28.
Their official fan name, MYgirl, was announced on May 16, 2012.
Myname officially debuted in Japan on July 25, 2012 with their first Japanese single "Message (Japanese ver.)". Their debut showcase was held at Tokyo's Shibuya-AX with 2,000 fans in attendance. After its release, the single ranked No. 1 on the Tokyo Shibuya Tower record sales and charted No. 9 on the Oricon Chart.
In August, the group became the first male models for the Japanese swimwear brand San-ai.
On November 21, Myname released their second Japanese single "What's Up". Myname held a release event at LaQua in Tokyo Dome City three days after the single's release. The event drew in 1,500 attendees. The group held their first solo concert, Myname 1st Live "What's Up", on December 15 at Zepp Namba and on December 17 at Zepp Tokyo. The concert drew in 5,000 fans.
2013: First mini album and We Are Myname
After being pushed back from an October 2012 release, their second single album was officially released on January 25, 2013 with the title track "Just That Little Thing". The group successfully held their first solo Korean concert, The Beginning, on March 3, 2013 at the Interpark Art Center in Seoul.
On March 28, Myname released first Japanese album, We Are Myname with the title track "We Are the Night". The album was ranked 3rd on the Oricon Daily Weekly Chart and ranked 1st on the Tower Records Daily Chart. Myname held their first Japan tour, Myname Live Tour ～ The Departure, in Osaka, Nagoya and Tokyo on May 18, 19 and 25, 2013 respectively.
Myname's first mini album was digitally released on July 4 with title track "Baby I'm Sorry". The music video had an age restriction placed due to violence. The mini album was physically released on July 9 and later topped both the Hanteo and Gaon charts, ranking #1 with the initial printing of 20,000 units selling out and another 20,000 copies also selling quickly. Making their first performance on KBS' Music Bank on July 19, 2013, "Baby I'm Sorry" debuted at #5, the group's highest ever position on the countdown.
Their third single album with title track "Day by Day" was released digitally on October 11 and physically on October 14. The single album was produced by Lee Hyun Do of the legendary Korean hip hop duo Deux under the stage name D.O.
Myname's first Japanese film Shinokubo Story was released on November 16, 2013. The film tells the story of five young Korean men from different paths of life who are scouted to take part in a potential K-Pop group from the Shin-Ōkubo neighborhood of Tokyo.
Myname released their third Japanese single album "Shirayuki" on November 20 and debuted at #6 on the daily Oricon chart and #7 on the weekly chart with sales of 25,263 albums. The single album included "Sha La La" which was used as the opening and ending theme for live broadcasts of the July 2013 National High School Baseball Championship in Japan as well as in television commercials for Aoyama Mainland.
2014–2015: Five Stars, Second mini-album and I.M.G.: Without You
Myname held Hall Tour in Japan concerts Hands Up in Tokyo on January 12 and Osaka on January 13 to an audience of 8,000. They released their second Japanese album Five Stars on March 26. The music video for the lead single of the album "F.F.Y." was released on February 19  The album sold 19,473 physical copies on its first day of release and ranked #2 on the Oricon daily chart.
The group embarked on a series of house tours entitled Myname Live House Tour 2014 ~WOW!~. The first pair of concerts started between May 14–15 in Tokyo's Shinjuku Blaze and the Liquid Room, respectively, from May 17–18 in Kanagawa's Yokohama Bay Hall and last pair from May 20–21 in Osaka's Umeda Club Quattro.
Seyong participated in and won the MBC Music reality dance series Idol Dance Competition D-STYLE as the #1 male idol. Along with #1 female idol winner, GI's OneKet, Se-yong won an endorsement deal with DEMISODA which included a CF that also starred Insoo and Chaejin.
The group continue the second series of house tour entitled Myname Live House Tour 2014 ~WOW!~ Vol.2 began on September 11 at Shinjuku Blaze, followed by a pair of shows between September 13–14 at Umeda Club Quattro and in Fukuoka at Drum Logos, respectively, and on September 21 in Miyagi at Rensa. After the wrapped up the second house tour, Myname held Myname Japan 2nd Hall Tour 2014 ~Five Stars~ started from September 19–20 at Zepp Nagoya and Zepp Namba, respectively, in Tokyo on September 28 at Nippon Seinenkan and September 30 at Shibuya Public Hall.
Between January 10–25, Myname held Myname Live House Tour 2015 ~WOW!~ Vol.3 in 8 cities in Japan. They held encore of the house tour series, Myname Live House Tour 2015 "WOW SPECIAL" ~ COMPLETE ~ on January 31 in Tokyo.
Myname's second Korean mini album was released on February 12 with the title track "Too Very So Much".
The group released their third Japanese album I.M.G.: Without You on March 10 with the lead single "Stop the Time". The album topped the Oricon Daily Album Chart with 34,879 albums sold within 24 hours. "Stop The Time" was also chosen as the theme song for the NTV drama series Five Star Tourist.
Myname released their fourth Korean single album with the title track "Just Tell Me" on May 13.
To celebrate the 3rd anniversary of their Japanese debut, Myname released their fourth Japanese single "Hello Again" on July 28. The single debuted at #1 on the Oricon Daily Chart with 31,129 units sold. This is their second #1 daily ranking.
Myname also starred in a daily web series entitled Pocket Boyfriend from MUH Lab which has each member individually trying to woo a mysterious person and is told from the point of view of that person.
In August, a fan vote was initiated to determine the track list of a "best of" album entitled Mybestname! which was released on November 4. The album includes the top 10 songs as voted on by fans plus songs chosen by the members and one new song, "Mygirl." Mybestname! debuted at #4 on the Oricon Daily Chart, but jumped to #1 with sales of 22,798. To support the album release, Myname embarked on a month-long national tour and held a Christmas fan meeting on November 28 in Tokyo.
2016: European tour, Alive: Always in Your Heart
After completing another 13 city, 19 performance house tour in Japan entitled Myname Live House Tour ~ 1st Story ~ in March and April 2016, Myname embarked on a European tour under Arpeggios Entertainment. The group held concerts in Germany, Sweden, Poland, Romania, Spain, Portugal, United Kingdom and France from September 1 to 11, 2016.
Myname signed an exclusive contract with Virgin Records Japan under Universal Music Japan. They also released their fourth Japanese album, Alive: Always in Your Heart, on December 7, 2016. The album debuted at #7 on the Oricon Daily Chart and #2 on the Oricon Weekly Chart.
2017–present: Myname Is, Solo projects, Enlistment
On March 2, 2017, Se-yong was introduced as the Red Ranger in Power Rangers Dino Force Brave, a 12-episode Korean-produced sequel to the Japanese series Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger. The series premiered April 1, 2017 in South Korea and later aired in Japan. Se-yong also sang the series' theme song, "Dino Force Brave".
Myname released their 5th Japanese album Myname Is on July 18, 2017 and debuted at #2 on the Oricon Daily Chart selling 13,316 albums. During promotions for the album release, member In-soo announced that he would be enlisting in the military for his mandatory service in the fall. Before his enlistment, In-soo released his first solo Japanese album entitled Naked on September 6, 2017 featuring the title track "Naked Love". It debuted at #12 on the Oricon Daily Chart and #19 on the Oricon Weekly Chart having sold 3,346 albums.
Insoo enlisted on October 26, 2017. Later that month, the remaining four members participated in The Unit. Gunwoo and Chaejin were eliminated in 37th place and 38th place, respectively, during the second elimination round. JunQ was eliminated in 24th place during the third elimination round. And Seyong finished in 17th place during the final round, failing to join the winning group.
On May 5, 2018, Myname's four members held a fanmeeting in Japan "Myname Fanmeeting 2018 ~Fighting!!!~" in preparation for the July 25, 2018 release of their 6th Japanese album Kiseki with the lead single "Wiz". The album debuted at #3 with 10,337 units sold.
- Gun-woo – leader, main vocalist
- Se-yong – rapper
- In-soo – vocalist (Hiatus due to military service)
- JunQ – rapper, vocalist
- Chae-jin – sub-vocalist
- We Are Myname (2013)
- Five Stars (2014)
- I.M.G.: Without You (2015)
- Alive: Always in Your Heart (2016)
- Myname Is (2017)
- Kiseki (2018)
- 2013: Shinokubo Story – lead actors
- 2012: Dream High 2 (KBS) – Episode 1 cameo
- 2013: Thunderstruck Stationery Store (Tooniverse) – Episode 8 guest stars
- 2017: Power Rangers Dino Force Brave (Daewon Media) - Seyong as Kwon Juyong (Brave Red Dino Ranger)
- 2011: Ta-Dah! It's Myname Real Story (SBS MTV)
- 2012: Diary (SBS MTV)
- 2013: Myname W Kitchen (Tokyo MX)
- 2013: Myname Is Myname (Online)
- 2012–2016: Let's Go! Dream Team Season 2 (KBS) – recurring
- 2017-2018: The Unit (KBS) - Seyong, JunQ, Gunwoo, Chaejin
- 2015: Pocket Boyfriend (MUH Lab)
- Jang, Jin-ri (September 29, 2011). 환희가 키우는 MYNAME 멤버 세용, 2AM-2PM과 무슨 사이?. Segye Ilbo (in Korean). Retrieved May 6, 2012.
- Jung, Byeong-keun (July 30, 2011). "[단독] 환희, 2년 동안 키운 男아이돌 9월 데뷔". Segye Ilbo (in Korean). Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- "환희보이즈 정식 팀명 '마이네임' 확정, 3번째 멤버 준Q 공개". Korea Economic Daily (in Korean). September 21, 2011. Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- Jang Jin-li (October 20, 2011). "마이네임, MTV 리얼리티 프로그램 주인공 발탁 '눈길'" (in Korean). Joy News. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- Jeon, Won (October 20, 2011). ""우리가 바로 환희 제자" 엄친아 총집합 '마이네임' 집중탐구(인터뷰)". Newsen (in Korean). Retrieved November 1, 2017.
- Kim Yu-min (October 28, 2011). "'환희의 아이들' 마이네임, 日 '오리콘스타일'서 높은 관심" (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- "MYNAME announces June comeback". allkpop. 17 May 2012. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- "BtoB to star in new reality show 'Diary' along with MYNAME, JJ Project, and VIXX". allkpop. 21 June 2012. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- "MYNAME release MV for their debut Japanese single "Message"". allkpop. 22 June 2012. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- Stewart Ho (14 Aug 2012). "My Name Becomes First Male Model for SwimWear Brand San-ai in 57 Years". CJ E&M enewsWorld via Mnet. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- MYNAME、2ndシングル「What's UP」発売記念イベントを開催. Barks (in Japanese). Japan Music Network. November 26, 2012. Retrieved November 13, 2017.
- Carla Sunwoo (19 Dec 2012). "My Name pulls 5,000 at first concert". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- Stewart Ho (10 January 2013). "My Name Hosts Cooking Show With AKB48's Nagao Mariya". CJ E&M enewsWorld via MWave. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- "MYNAME 2ND SINGLE ALBUM album sales postponement and group orders refund". H2Media official release via MYNAME-SG. 2 Oct 2012. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- Do Hyelim (4 March 2013). "MYNAME successfully finishes their first solo concert in Korea". allkpop. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- Do Hyelim (27 May 2013). "My Name successfully finished their Japan tour". Star N News via Yahoo! Entertainment. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- Grace Danbi Hong (5 July 2013). "MYNAME Unveils its Powerful Yet Violent MV for 'Baby I'm Sorry'" (in Korean). CJ E&M enewsWorld via Mnet. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- Kim Ji Yeon (11 July 2013). "My Name Takes Over Hanteo with Its First Mini Album". CJ E&M enewsWorld via Yahoo! Entertainment. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- Do Hyelim (18 July 2013). "Gaon Chart releases chart rankings for July 7 - July 13". allkpop. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- 원문 (19 July 2013). 마이네임, '뮤뱅' 5위로 진입 "믿기지 않아"/ (in Korean). OSEN via Nate News. Retrieved 28 July 2013.
- "MYNAME recruits Deux's Lee Hyun Do for their comeback with 'Day By Day'". allkpop. 30 September 2013. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "オリコン週間 CDシングルランキング 2013年11月18日～2013年11月24日 11～20位".
- Choi Eun Hwa, Erika Kim (26 July 2013). "MYNAME recruits Deux's Lee Hyun Do for their comeback with 'Day By Day'". CJ E&M enewsWorld via Mnet. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- "Aoyama Mainland official YouTube channel". 23 August 2013. Retrieved 18 October 2013.
- kpop1stop, Kim Dong-joo (18 January 2014). "Boy Group MYNAME Entertains 8,000 Fans Through Japan Hall Tour". Star N News via Soompi. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Boy Group MYNAME Entertains 8,000 Fans Through Japan Hall Tour". MYNAME Japan Official Facebook. 13 May 2014. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- MYNAMEJPN (19 February 2014). "MYNAME - F.F.Y. (Official MV)" – via YouTube.
- "Official Trailer for Taekwondo Soul - Rebirth on Official Toei YouTube Channel". 13 December 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- MYNAME５月に「MYNAME LIVE HOUSE TOUR 2014“ WoW！！ ”（仮）」開催決定！. Korepo (in Japanese). April 17, 2014. Retrieved November 8, 2017.
- "MYNAME and GI team up for 'DEMISODA' CF". allkpop. 24 May 2014. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- 逗子フェスの奇跡！MYNAMEがw-inds.と感激コラボ！独占コメントも到着！. CanCam (in Japanese). Shogakukan. August 14, 2014. Retrieved November 8, 2017.
- MYNAMEが語る過去・現在・未来「自信はいつもあります」. Kstyle (in Japanese). Line Corporation. August 22, 2014. Retrieved November 8, 2017.
- "2015全国ライブハウスツアーハイタッチ会決定！". MYNAME Japan Official Website. 9 December 2014. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "MYNAME come back with 'too very so MUCH' MV!". allkpop. 11 February 2015. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "MYNAME Ranks First On Oricon Daily Album Chart". BNTNews. 11 March 2015. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "MYNAME's Japanese Single 'Stop The Time' Selected As Theme Song For Drama 'Five Star Tourist'". KpopStarz. 3 March 2015. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "MYNAME reveals full of the "Just Tell Me" MV". KoreaTide. 13 May 2015. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- Kim, Sol-ji (October 26, 2017). ""충성"…마이네임 인수, 오늘(26일) 군 입대". MBN Star (in Korean). MBN. Retrieved November 13, 2017.
- ""The Unit" Announces Latest Rankings + Results Of 2nd Elimination - Soompi". www.soompi.com.
- ""The Unit" Announces Rankings And Results Of 3rd Elimination Before Finale - Soompi". www.soompi.com.
- Lee, Min-ji (October 5, 2011). 환희보이즈 '마이네임' 최종멤버 2인 얼굴 공개. Newsen (in Korean). Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- Jeon, Won (September 2, 2011). 환희보이즈 2번째 멤버 인수 공개, 세종대 무용과 출신 실력파. Newsen (in Korean). Retrieved August 23, 2017.
- 환희보이즈 정식 팀명 '마이네임' 확정, 3번째 멤버 준Q 공개. Korea Economic Daily (in Korean). September 21, 2011. Retrieved August 23, 2017.