This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Available in||English, Albanian, Chinese Simpilifed, Chinese Traditional, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish|
|Type||Optical disc authoring software|
2.7 (build 106) / 24 February 2009
MagicISO (also referred to as MagicISO Maker) is a CD/DVD image shareware utility that can extract, edit, create, and burn disc image files. It offers the possibility of converting between ISO and CUE/BIN and their proprietary Universal Image Format disc image format.
In addition to being able to edit the contents of the disc images without decompressing, it can make a disc image from an existing CD/DVD-ROM. Also, it can make bootable image files (file extension .bif). MagicISO can mount disc images with the addition of MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD Manager.
The trial version cannot handle disc images larger than 300 MB. MagicISO is currently produced by MagicISO, Inc.
Universal Image Format
Universal Image Format or UIF is a proprietary disc image format for CDs and DVDs designed for MagicISO. Compared to the widespread simpler image formats like .iso and .bin, UIF adds compression, password-protected encryption, MD5 checksums and multi-session images. 
Problems with MagicISO
MagicISO supports CIF files created by Easy CD Creator, but only data CDs (ISO 9660 compatibles), not audio CDs. MagicISO also installs a context menu through the file C:\MagicISO\misosh64.dll (if installed to default directories) which is not removed with the software when uninstalled, rather, it remains on your system and is not easily removed.
MagicDisc, sometimes known as MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD Manager is a freeware virtual drive counterpart to MagicISO. It is a separate download needed to mount discs virtually. MagicDisc can also decompress UIF images to ISO format.
Unlike MagicISO, MagicDisc does not have support for .daa files that were produced by PowerISO.
- "MagicISO Maker 5.5 Build 281". Softpedia. SoftNews NET SRL. 10 April 2010. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "Using MagicISO to create ISO image files". MagicISO.com. MagicISO Inc. 21 February 2010. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "Mount ISO Files - MagicDisc Download". www.magiciso.com. MagicISO Inc. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- "What's an UIF Image". MagicISO.com. MagicISO Inc. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- UIF2ISO source code: http://aluigi.altervista.org/mytoolz.htm#uif2iso
- "MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM Overview". MagicISO.com. MagicISO Inc. Retrieved 2 September 2010.
- Official website
- UIF2ISO - open-source tool to convert MagicISO UIF images into ISO images
- UIF to ISO - free tool to convert UIF images into ISO images