||This article needs attention from an expert in Japan. (November 2008)|
Mahoroba is an ancient Japanese word describing a far-off land full of bliss and peace. It is roughly comparable to the western concepts of arcadia, a place surrounded by mountains full of harmony and quiet.
|Poem from the Kojiki|
|Original Spelling||Japanese||Romanized version|
Note that the Kojiki itself did not use hiragana; the above is a modernized version.
- The Space Battleship Yamato had a sister-ship that was named Chō Jikū Senkan Mahoroba (The Ultimate Time Sweeper Mahoroba)
- Final Fantasy: Song Book - Mahoroba
- The anime/manga Mahoraba.
- In the anime Kannazuki no Miko, the story takes place in the village of Mahoroba.
- In the game Boktai 3: Sabata's Counterattack, the final boss battle takes place on the moon's capital city of Mahoroba.
- In the game Beatmania IIDX 16: Empress, there is a song called Mahoroba.
- "The Man-yō Mahoroba Line" became in use for the common name of the West Japan Railway Company (JR West) Sakurai Line on March 13, 2010, the day of the diagram revision of JR Group.
|This article relating to Japanese mythology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|