Marc E. Elias was the general counsel for Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign. He served as general counsel to John Kerry's 2004 presidential campaign. Elias is a partner at the law firm Perkins Coie LLP.
Early life and education
Born to a Jewish family, Elias received a bachelor's degree from Hamilton College in 1990. In 1993, Elias received both a master's degree in political science from Duke University and a law degree from Duke University School of Law.
He served as lead counsel for Senator Al Franken in the 2008 Minnesota Senate election recount and contest, the largest recount and contest in American history. Elias represents the Democratic National Committee, Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, and Democratic Governors Association. He has represented the leadership of the House of Representatives and U.S. Senate. Elias has testified before committees in both houses of Congress and before the Federal Election Commission on campaign finance. Elias has worked on voting rights and redistricting lawsuits in Virginia, Ohio, Nevada, Minnesota, New York, Wisconsin, Texas, Florida and North Carolina.
- Haberman, Maggie (March 4, 2015). "Clinton Hires Campaign Lawyer Ahead of Likely Run". The New York Times. Retrieved April 3, 2015.
- JP Updates: "Hillary Clinton Quietly Hires Jewish Campaign Finance Lawyer" March 5, 2015
- "Perkins Coie Homepage". Retrieved April 3, 2015.
- Weiner, Jay (2010). "This Is Not Florida: How Al Franken Won the Minnesota Senate Recount". University of Minnesota Press. Retrieved April 3, 2015.
- "Arena Profile: Marc Elias". Politico. Retrieved April 3, 2015.
- Trygstad, Kyle (October 31, 2014). "Senate Democrats' Super Lawyer Preps for Overtime". Roll Call. Retrieved April 3, 2015.
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|