17 July 1940 |
Athens, Kingdom of Greece
|Spouse||Prince Michael of Greece and Denmark (m. 1965)|
|Issue||Princess Alexandra, Mrs. Nicolas Mirzayantz
Princess Olga, Duchess of Apulia
|Greek royal family|
Early life and family
Karella was born in Athens on 17 July 1940 to Theodor Karella and Elly Chalikiopoulos.
Karella married Prince Michael of Greece and Denmark at the Royal Palace in Athens on 7 February 1965. However, because this marriage is considered non-dynastic, she did not initially acquire thereby the title of 'Princess of Greece and Denmark' nor the style of 'Her Royal Highness', but was referred to as Marina, Consort of Prince Michael of Greece and Denmark.
- Princess Alexandra of Greece (born 15 October 1968), married to Nicolas Mirzayantz, by whom she has two sons, Tigran and Darius Mirzayantz.
- Princess Olga of Greece (born 17 November 1971), married to her second cousin once removed Prince Aimone, Duke of Apulia, son of Amedeo, 5th Duke of Aosta, and paternal grandson of Princess Irene, second daughter of King Constantine I of Greece. Aimone and Olga have also two sons, Prince Umberto of Savoy-Aosta and Prince Amedeo, Duke of the Abruzzi, and a daughter, Princess Isabella Vita Marina.
- "Prince Michael Weds Commoner". The New York Times. 8 February 1965. p. 3.
- Official website : www.marinakarella.fr
- "Marina Karella". Earl McGrath Gallery. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- Ruas, Charles (June–July 2005). "Marina Karella at the Benaki Museum's Annex". Art in America.
- De Grèce, Michel; Katz, Vincent; Δεληβορριάς, Άγγελος (2005). Marina Karella (in Greek and English). Fereniki Publications. ISBN 978-960-7952-39-4. OCLC 71958985.
|This Greek biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|