Mary Jane Colter buildings
Mary Elizabeth Jane Colter Buildings (Indian Matchtower at Desert View, Lookout Studio, Hopi House, Hermit's Rest)
|Location||Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona|
|NRHP Reference #||87001436|
|Added to NRHP||May 28, 1987|
|Designated NHLD||May 28, 1987|
- Hermit's Rest, 1914
- Desert View Watchtower, 1932
- Lookout Studio, 1914 also known as The Lookout
- Hopi House, 1905
As a set, they were declared a National Historic Landmark in 1987.  Hopi House and the Lookout Studio are themselves included in the Grand Canyon Village Historic District, a National Historic Landmark district comprising the core of the densest development in the park. Hermit's Rest is located at the end of the paved road a few miles to the west of Grand Canyon Village. The Desert View Watchtower is the center of the Desert View visitor services area, about 12 miles (19 km) to the east of Grand Canyon Village, and is itself encompassed by the Desert View Watchtower Historic District.
- National Park Service (2007-01-23). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Mary Jane Colter Buildings". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. 2007-09-25.
- Laura Soullière Harrison (1985). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination: Mary Jane Colter Buildings" (pdf). National Park Service. and Accompanying 85 NPS photos by Laura Soullière Harrison, exterior and interior, from 1985. 20 are of Hermit's Rest; 36 of Hopi House; 26 of Desert View Watchtower; 3 of Lookout Studio (16.7 MB)
- Scott, Michael P.; Chappell, Gordon; Jackson, Robbyn; Donahoe, Jamie; Begley, Susan;, Carr, Ethan (September 13, 1996). "National Historic Landmark Nomination: Grand Canyon Village" (PDF). National Park Service. Retrieved 16 November 2011. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- National Park Service.gov: Architecture in the Parks, A National Historic Landmark Theme Study: M.E.J. Colter Buildings; by Laura Soullière Harrison, 1986.
- Official Grand Canyon National Park website