|Born||Matthew R. Walton
August 24, 1973
Hampton, New Jersey, United States
|Residence||Glen Ridge, New Jersey|
Matthew R. "Matt" Walton (born August 24, 1973) is an American stage, film, and television actor.
Walton attended Boston Conservatory, where he received a degree as a Musical Theater major and a Directing minor. After graduation he returned to New York City and studied with Wynn Handman, Tony Spiridakis, Stephan Jobes and acting coaches Anthony Abeson, Seth Barrish and Bob Krakower.
His most recent stage appearance was starring in the Off-Broadway production of, Under My Skin written by Robert Sternin and Prudence Fraser.
His recent performances prior to this included:
Parfumerie at The Wallis Annenberg Center in Beverly Hills,
It's Just Sex at the Actor's Temple in New York City.
Early stage career
Walton made his New York City debut Off-Broadway starring as Berger in the 30th Anniversary Production of Hair in 1997, and later reprised the role in Boston and at the Bay Street Theater in Sag Harbor, New York.
Television and film
Walton's first television roles were on the soaps Guiding Light, As the World Turns, and All My Children. In 2009, Walton played Elijah Clarke on One Life to Live for 18 months. Walton also played guest roles on Rescue Me, Royal Pains, Cashmere Mafia, The Bronx is Burning, and several episodes of Hallmark Hall of Fame.
Walton owns the production company, Autumn Sky, which co-produced the movie, Montclair, and has several new film and TV projects in development.
Commercial and voice acting
Walton has acted in a number of ad campaigns, notably for Advil Cold and Sinus, Rooms to Go, Lowe's, Barclay's, Speed Stick, Cablevision, Castrol motor oil and Old Navy. Walton has also worked as a voice-over artist in over 100 TV and radio commercials, promos and narrations for The Biography Channel, A&E Network, Bravo, the Travel Channel, Independent Film Channel, and Oxygen. He has also done the narration for a number of audiobooks, including Spider-Man 2, Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas, and Second Chance.
|2002||Asheron's Call 2||(voice)||Video game|
|2003||Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne||Policeman/Cleaner/Commando (voice)||Video game|
|2003||Manhunt||Swat 2||Video game|
|2005||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Jack||1 episode: 'Starved'|
|2006||Flannel Pajamas||Dr. Butler||Uncredited|
|2006||All My Children||Terry 'T' McDermott||6 episodes|
|2007||The Bronx Is Burning||Jim McMullen||2 episodes|
|2007||Manhunt 2||The Watchdogs||Video game|
|2007||Holier than Thou||Miles||Short|
|2007||The Agency||Mark Marley||TV movie|
|2007-2010||One Life to Live||Elijah Clark/Elijah Kent||138 episodes|
|2008||Cashmere Mafia||Mike||1 episode: 'Conference Call'|
|2008||Death in Love||Young Father|
|2008||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Det. Peary||1 episode: 'Please Note We Are No Longer Accepting Letters of Recommendation from Henry Kissinger'|
|2008||Guiding Light||Dalton Reid||2 episodes|
|2008||Burn After Reading||Morning Show Host|
|2008||We Pedal Uphill||Anthony|
|2008||Moonlight and Mistletoe||Ben Richards||TV movie|
|2008||Law & Order||Trooper Thomas Volchek||1 episode: 'Knock Off'|
|2008||Grand Theft Auto IV||The Crowd of Liberty City||Video game|
|2008||Favorite Son||Robert Mason|
|2009||Rescue Me||Harris||1 episode: 'Perspective'|
|2010||Armless||Dr. Richard Phillips|
|2010||Royal Pains||Dennis 'DB' Brown||1 episode: 'Mano a Mano'|
|2010||Sim City Mayor||Mayor||CollegeHumor short|
|2011||Onion SportsDome||Alex Reiser||Series regular|
|2011||The Fall of Dyna-Woman||Dr. Robert Miller||Short|
|2011||We Are the 1%||Dr. Robert Miller||CollegeHumor short|
|2012||Mitt Romney Style||Mitt Romney||CollegeHumor short|
|2012||Blue Bloods||Kevin Schmidt||1 episode: 'The Uniform'|
|2012||Jest Originals||Mitt Romney||2 episodes|
|2012||Made in Jersey||Stiles||1 episode: 'Payday'|
|2013||Think Tank||Brimage||5 episodes|
|2014||Wish You Were||Officer Johnson||Short|
|2014||Beach Pillows||City Dad|
|2014||Drop Dead Diva||Breakers' Attorney||1 episode: 'Cheers & Jeers'|
|2014||Person of Interest||Maybank||1 episode: 'Beta'|
|2014||The Mysteries of Laura||Reporter Store||1 episode: 'The Mystery of the Sex Scandal'|
|2014||The Sisterhood of Night||Reporter|
|2015||Devious Maids||Mr. Atwood||1 episode: 'Cries and Whispers'|
|2015||Limitless||Jeffrey Vachs||1 episode: 'The Legend of Marcos Ramos'|
|2015||Cry Baby Cry||Short|
|2016||Youthful Daze||Professor Mark / Drew's Dad / Luke Castle||78 episodes|
|2016||The Good Wife||Ian Gillan||1 episode: 'Targets'|
|2016||Money Monster||An Anchorman|
- "Under My Skin".
- "Parfumerie: Theater Review".
- "Adultery as Aperitif, Served by 6 Amateurs and a Pro". The New York Times. 3 July 2013.
- "What's a Cad to Do With Three Fiancées?". The New York Times. 29 January 2012.
- "Theatre Mirror Reviews - "Hair!"".
- "More Than Three Decades Later, 'Hair' Still Lets the Sunshine In". The New York Times. 26 August 2001.
- "A CurtainUp Review, The Tailor-Made Man".
- "Talkin' Broadway Off-Broadway - The Sweepers - 4/2/02".
- "Big Names Go Musical (What Rhymes With Oedipus?)". The New York Times. 25 November 2003.
- Smith, Kerrie. "Gorilla Man: Puberty Can Be So Unkind".
- "The Framer".
- "Grease (Casa Mañana Production, 2000) - Ovrtur".
- Gore, Scotty (11 June 2009). "Walton Becomes 'One Life's' Newest Leading Man".
- "Burn After Reading". 12 September 2008 – via IMDb.
- "Gigantic". 19 June 2009 – via IMDb.
- "200 American". 10 August 2003 – via IMDb.
- O'Brien, Walter (December 25, 2010). "Matt Walton, a New Jersey native, to co-host Comedy Central Onion sports show". Courier News. Bridgewater Township, NJ. Retrieved January 6, 2011.
- Pierce, Scott D. (January 6, 2011). "'The Onion SportsDome' skewers 'SportsCenter'". The Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved January 6, 2011.
- "Montclair". 26 April 2007 – via IMDb.
- "CABLEVISION - Optimum Montage".
- "Matt Walton narrated audio books at Simply Audiobooks - Simply Audiobooks".
- CollegeHumor (8 October 2012). "Mitt Romney Style (Gangnam Style Parody)" – via YouTube.