|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kottayam|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Palai|
The place is a major tourist attraction for nature lovers with beautiful hills, streams and rubber plantations that forms a green blanket to the place.The famous tourist spot is Ilaveezha Poonchira.
Film shooting venue
Melukavu is in the eastern part of Kottayam district and borders with Idukki district on its North-East and North. It shares its borders with Kudayathoor Panchayat in North-East and Muttom Panchayat in North (both are in Idukki district). Bharananganam and Kadanadu Panchayats are in West and Moonnilavu Panchayat is in East.Southern side borders with Thalappalam Panchayat.
Melukavu is at the fringe of the Western Ghats.There are many streams and brooks originating from Melukavu hills and flow southwards through Edamaruku to join Meenachil River at Erattupetta. There is no forest in this village even though, Gadgil and Kasthurirangan included this village in their report.
Melukavu is well connected by roads to nearby towns Erattupetta(12 km), Palai(16 km), Thodupuzha(18 km).The state highway SH-44 connecting Pampa(Sabarimala) to Neriyamangalam(Thodupuzha) passes through Melukavu.
There are no railway line passing through Melukavu. The nearest major railway station is in Kottayam (50 km).
The nearest airport is Cochin International Airport at a distance of 70 kilometres.
- Henry Baker College- Government Aided College affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
- M.D.C.M.S High School
- CMS Higher Secondary School
- St.Paul’s LPS Vakakkadu
- CMS LPS Ellumpuram
- St.Antony’s UPS Edamaruku
- St.Pius X UPS, Piusmount, Konippadu
- St.Thomas UPS Melukavumattom
- Melukavu Panchayat LPS, Konippadu
Places of worship
- Sree Dharma Sastha Temple, Kalluvettam
- Ayyappa temple Kulathikandam
- C S I Christ Cathedral Church, Melukavu
- St.Luke's C S I Church, Caileyland
- St.Peter's C S I Church, Erumapra
- St.Thomas Catholic Church, Melukavumattom
- St.Andrew's C S I Church,Bakerdale, Chalamattom
- St.Pius X Catholic Church, Piusmount
- St.Antony's Catholic Church Edamaruku
- St.Mathiyas C S I Church Ellumpuram
- St.Paul's C S I Church Erumapramattom
- Church of God in India (Full Gospel)Church, Chalamattom, Near Village Office.
- Church of God (Full Gospel) in India, Kolani
- IPC Church, Irumapra, Anjumala
- IPC Church, Kanjiramkavala
- New India Church Melukavu
- "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Retrieved 2008-12-10.
|last1=in Authors list (help)