|• Total||48.05 km2 (18.55 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,900/km2 (4,900/sq mi)|
|• Official||Telugu, Urdu|
Metpally is a town in Jagtial district of the Indian state of Telangana. It is located in its own Metpally Revenue Division. It is a part of the Koratla constituency. Metpally is 222.4 km away from Hyderabad.
Government and politics
Metpally is in the Jagtial district. Metpally Municipality was constituted in 2005 and is classified as a third grade municipality with 24 election wards.
Metpally's khadi gramodyog prathistan[clarification needed] was established in the year 1967. This society is famous for producing khadi shirtings, suitings, lungies, towels, handkerchiefs, sarees, dhotis, carpets etc products. It used to employ several hundred people in 1970s and 1980s.
Gold work is more in this city.you can observe that by roaming on the roads of the city.
There are several historictemples in Metpally.
- Kashibag Temple complex including the Hanuman, Shiva and Dattatreya Swamy temples.
- Chenna Keshavaswamy temple dating back to the 13th century.
- Omkareshwara temple
- Narasimha Swami temple
- Ramalayam in SRSP camp
- Vasavi kanyaka parameshwari temple
- Abhayahastham temple-Vellulla road
- Ayyappa swamy temple
- Markandeya Temple
- Krishna Mandiram
- Sai Baba Temple-Near Railway Station
How to reach
You can reach the city by taking RTC bus only,and recently train facility has started from Metpally to Hyderabad.train timings are around 5-6PM daily.
Movie theaters are there 1.Asian Sai krishna 2.Laxmi Theater
- "District Census Handbook – Karimnagar" (PDF). Census of India. pp. 12, 50. Retrieved 9 June 2016.
- "District Administration – Formation/Reorganization of District, Revenue Divisions and Mandals in Jagitial District – Final Notification - Orders – Issued" (PDF). Jagtial District. Retrieved 25 July 2017.
- T.JESHURAN VENKATESH, JOY SAMEUL. "A report of "Madipally village Knowledge" Thorrur Mandal, Warangal District, Andhra Pradesh". Palle Srujana. Missing or empty