This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Michael Wandmacher (born October 29, 1967) is an American composer of music for film, television, and video games. He has worked on numerous well-known projects, including Piranha 3D, Punisher: War Zone, Bloodborne, Twisted Metal, and The Goldbergs. Most recently, he has worked on Underworld: Blood Wars, succeeding previous series composers Paul Haslinger and Marco Beltrami.
Life and career
Wandmacher was born on October 29, 1967, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He began his career composing music for local news media and television commercials before scoring short and feature films by local filmmakers. While following a series of email exchanges that started via a film music newsgroup, Wandmacher met Alan Silvestri and was invited to Los Angeles to participate in several scoring sessions composing music for the English-language releases of several Jackie Chan films including Armour of God and Drunken Master II. He eventually made his break with the black comedy horror film Modern Vampires. Wandmacher co-composed the score with Danny Elfman, brother of the film's director Richard Elfman. Wandmacher permanently relocated to Los Angeles.
Wandmacher also performs as remixer under the pseudonym "Khursor". As such, he has worked with Godhead, including one track on The Shadow Realigned album. The Khursor remix of Sting's Every Breath You Take was featured on the trailer for the third season of The Americans.
- Armour of God (1986) - international version
- Twin Dragons (1992) - international version
- Once a Cop (1993) - international version
- Drunken Master II (1994) - international version
- Modern Vampires (1998)
- From Justin to Kelly (2003)
- Cry Wolf (2005)
- The 6th Day (2000)
- The Killing Floor (2007)
- Never Back Down (2008)
- Train (2008)
- Punisher: War Zone Original Motion Picture Score (2008)
- My Bloody Valentine 3D (2009)
- Piranha 3D (2010)
- Drive Angry (2011)
- The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia (2013)
- The Last Exorcism Part II (2013)
- 13 Sins (2014)
- Underworld: Blood Wars (2016)
- Voice from the Stone (2017)
- Bloodborne (2015)
- Twisted Metal (2012)
- Singularity (2010)
- Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (2008)
- Madagascar (2005)
- "Michael Wandmacher « A Symphony of Hope: The Haiti Project". www.haitisymphony.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "Interview with Michael Wandmacher :: Film Music Magazine". www.filmmusicmag.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Gamephilosophe (2014-07-24). "The Game Philosophe: Bloodborne Composer Revealed". The Game Philosophe. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Godhead website
- Zuckerman, Esther (10 Dec 2014). "'The Americans' will be watching you in season 3 trailer". Entertainment Weekly. Time Inc. Retrieved 15 Jan 2017.
- Leas, Ryan (5 Feb 2015). "The Best Soundtrack Moments Of January 2015: Game Of Thrones, The Americans, A Most Violent Year, & More". Stereogum. Billboard Music. Retrieved 15 Jan 2017.
- "Michael Wandmacher enjoys a challenge". screen/read. Alienus Media. 6 Mar 2011. Retrieved 14 Jan 2017.
- Hasan, Mark R. (29 Jul 2013). "Michael Wandmacher: Crafting the Nightmarish Sounds of The Haunting in Connecticut 2 – Ghosts of Georgia". Bighead Amusements. Retrieved 15 Jan 2017.
Michael Wandmacher is one of horror’s most in-demand composers
- "MICHAEL WANDMACHER SCORES THE LAST EXORCISM PART II". Music Connection. 4 Mar 2013. Retrieved 14 Jan 2017.
- Barkan, Jonathan (17 May 2013). "[Interview] Michael Wandmacher ('The Last Exorcism II') On Composing Horror". Bloody-Disgusting. Complex Media. Retrieved 14 Jan 2017.
- christian (3 Sep 2013). "The Last Exorcism Part II by Michael Wandmacher (Review)". filmmusicmedia.com. Film.Music.Media. Retrieved 14 Jan 2017.
- Rea, Darren. "Underworld: Blood Wars Original Motion Picture Score". www.sci-fi-online.com. Retrieved 14 Jan 2017.
I have to admit that in the past I've not been overly struck by Wandmacher's work, so it was great to finally see a project where he's allowed to flex his creative muscles and deliver something a little more in depth than cliched horror fare.
- Amond, Dean (10 Feb 2012). "Michael Wandmacher Scores Twisted Metal". The Paranoid Gamer. Retrieved 14 Jan 2017.
Composer Michael Wandmacher scores SCEA and Eat Sleep Play’s Twisted Metal for the PlayStation Network. Twisted Metal is the longest running franchise in PlayStation® history. Michael Wandmacher scores the eighth installment, creating an individual theme for each character.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Michael Wandmacher|