Miguel Sapochnik at San Diego Comic-Con International in 2016.
Miguel Vicente Rosenberg-Sapochnik|
July 1974 (age 44)
Hammersmith, London, England
|Other names||Miguel Rosenberg|
Miguel Sapochnik is an English film and television director and former storyboard artist of Argentine origin. He is best known as the director of the feature film Repo Men, and as a director for the HBO epic fantasy series Game of Thrones, for which he won the award for Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series at the 68th Primetime Emmy Awards and Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directing – Drama Series at the 69th Directors Guild of America Awards.
Sapochnik has worked on American television series, directing episodes of Awake, Fringe, House, and more recently Mind Games. Between 2001 and 2005, he was a director of Snowflake in Hell Films Limited.
In 2015, Sapochnik directed two episodes of Game of Thrones for the show's fifth season, "The Gift" and "Hardhome." He returned to direct the final two episodes of Game of Thrones' sixth season, "Battle of the Bastards" and "The Winds of Winter". All of these episodes received acclaim from both critics and viewers. Sapochnik won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series at the 68th Primetime Emmy Awards, for directing "Battle of the Bastards".
In September 2017, it was announced that Sapochnik would return to direct at least two episodes, or possibly three, of the eighth season of Game of Thrones, alongside David Nutter, David Benioff and D. B. Weiss for the remainder of the episodes.
- "Snowflake in Hell Films Limited". CompaniesLondon.com. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- Rich, Katey (19 March 2010). "Exclusive Interview: Repo Men Director Miguel Sapochnik". Cinema Blend. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- "Miguel Sapochnik Credits". TV Guide. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- Dawtrey, Adam (15 January 2006). "Sapochnik finally in view". Variety. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Miguel Sapochnik Filmography". The New York Times. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- "Exclusive: Repo Men director Miguel Sapochnik". Shock Till You Drop. 11 March 2010. Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- Watchers on the Wall [@LovinGoT99] (August 1, 2014). "Game of Thrones Season 5: What We Know So Far" (Tweet). Retrieved 6 February 2015 – via Twitter.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (May 12, 2016). "Joel Kinnaman to Star in Netflix Sci-Fi Series 'Altered Carbon'". Variety. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Robinson, Joanna (June 29, 2016). "The Best Director on Game of Thrones Won't Be Coming Back Next Year". Vanity Fair. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Hibberd, James (September 26, 2017). "Game of Thrones season 8 directors revealed: Fan favorites return". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- Brent Lang; Justin Kroll (26 October 2017). "Tom Hanks to Star in Sci-Fi Film 'Bios' From 'Game of Thrones' Director (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Miguel Sapochnik.|