Mike De La Torre
|Mike De La Torre|
|Born||Mike De La Torre|
September 22, 1986
San Diego, California, United States
|Other names||El Cucuy|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||145 lb (66 kg; 10.4 st)|
|Reach||71.0 in (180 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Glendale, Arizona|
|Rank||Blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts career
De La Torre began training in mixed martial arts in 2005, and made his professional debut in 2006 at the age of 19, competing primarily for regional promotions across the Southwestern United States and Mexico.
After getting his first six victories by way of stoppage in the first round, De La Torre was able to compile a record of 12 - 3 along the way before signing with the UFC in April 2014. He signed with the organization on the heels of a submission finish over Cameron Ramberg.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
De La Torre made his promotional debut on April 16, 2014 at The Ultimate Fighter: Nations Finale. against Mark Bocek. He was tabbed as a short notice injury replacement for Evan Dunham Bocek won the back and forth fight via split decision.
De La Torre faced Brian Ortega on July 26, 2014 at UFC on Fox 12. Ortega originally won the bout via submission (rear-naked choke) in the first round. Subsequently, the result was changed to "No Contest" after Ortega tested positive for drostanolone during a post fight screening.
De La Torre was briefly linked to a fight with Mark Eddiva on November 8, 2014 at UFC Fight Night 55. However, the fight was scrapped as both fighters were subsequently injured during training.
De La Torre was expected to face Renato Moicano on September 24, 2016 at UFC Fight Night 95. However, Moicano pulled out with injury and was replaced by Godofredo Pepey. He lost the fight via submission in the first round.
In May 2017, De La Torre was released from the company.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|22 matches||14 wins||7 losses|
|Loss||14–7 (1)||Myles Jury||TKO (punches)||UFC 210||April 8, 2017||1||3:30||Buffalo, New York, United States|
|Loss||14–6 (1)||Godofredo Pepey||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC Fight Night: Cyborg vs. Lansberg||September 24, 2016||1||3:03||Brasília, Brazil|
|Win||14–5 (1)||Yui Chul Nam||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Masvidal||November 28, 2015||3||5:00||Seoul, South Korea|
|Loss||13–5 (1)||Maximo Blanco||TKO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: American Top Team vs. Blackzilians Finale||July 12, 2015||1||0:16||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Catchweight (148.5 lbs) bout; Blanco missed weight.|
|Win||13–4 (1)||Tiago Trator||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Bigfoot vs. Mir||February 22, 2015||1||2:59||Porto Alegre, Brazil|
|NC||12–4 (1)||Brian Ortega||NC (overturned)||UFC on Fox: Lawler vs. Brown||July 26, 2014||1||1:39||San Jose, California, United States||Originally a submission (rear-naked choke) win for Ortega; overturned after he tested positive for drostanolone.|
|Loss||12–4||Mark Bocek||Decision (split)||The Ultimate Fighter Nations Finale: Bisping vs. Kennedy||April 16, 2014||3||5:00||Quebec City, Quebec, Canada||Lightweight bout.|
|Win||12–3||Cameron Ramberg||Submission (reverse triangle choke)||Dakota FC 17||January 11, 2014||3||1:03||Fargo, North Dakota, United States||Featherweight debut.|
|Win||11–3||James Terry||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Arise FC||June 15, 2013||1||0:57||Santa Clara, California, United States|
|Win||10–3||Jordan Delano||TKO (punches)||XFS - Damage||November 17, 2012||1||1:16||Valley Center, California, United States|
|Loss||9–3||Kris Armbrister||Submission (triangle choke)||XFS - Brutal Conduct||January 21, 2012||2||2:55||Valley Center, California, United States|
|Win||9–2||Donald Molinas||Submission (rear-naked choke)||NFC - 11||January 21, 2012||1||0:36||Campo, California, United States|
|Win||8–2||Fabian Quintanar||TKO (elbows)||UWC Mexico - 7||June 26, 2010||2||3:42||Tijuana, Mexico|
|Win||7–2||Henry Briones||Decision (unanimous)||UCM 12||October 3, 2009||5||5:00||Tijuana, Mexico|
|Loss||6–2||Joshua Williams||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Total Combat 30||April 2, 2008||2||1:52||Alpine, California, United States|
|Win||6–1||Preston Scharf||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Total Combat Nevada||May 10, 2008||1||1:36||Laughlin, Nevada, United States|
|Win||5–1||Jason Meadors||Submission (injury)||Total Combat 26||February 16, 2008||1||0:39||San Diego, California, United States|
|Win||4–1||Noel Rodriguez||KO (punch)||MMAX - 18||January 26, 2008||1||0:41||Tijuana, Mexico|
|Loss||3–1||Zach Taylor||Submission (triangle choke)||Total Combat 25||December 15, 2007||1||3:56||San Diego, California, United States|
|Win||3–0||Enrique Cuellar||Submission (armbar)||MMAX 9||March 3, 2007||1||0:00||Tijuana, Mexico|
|Win||2–0||James Ortega||KO (punches)||Total Combat 17||October 21, 2007||1||0:00||Yuma, Arizona, United States|
|Win||1–0||Isaac Peralta||KO (punch)||MMAX 4||August 19, 2006||1||0:08||Tijuana, Mexico|
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Lawler vs. Brown". UFC.com. Retrieved July 27, 2014.
- "Fight Card - The Ultimate Fighter Finale American Top Team vs. Blackzilians". UFC.com. Retrieved July 14, 2015.
- "Mike De La Torre - Official UFC Fighter Profile". UFC.com. Retrieved February 24, 2015.
- Zane Simon (2014-04-09). "Welcome to the UFC Mike De La Torre". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- Jesse Holland (2014-04-08). "Mark Bocek draws Mike De La Torre for TUF Nations Finale with Evan Dunham hurt". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2014-04-08.
- Steven Marrocco (2014-04-16). "TUF Nations Finale results, photos: Mark Bocek takes split from Mike De La Torre". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- Dana Becker (2014-06-12). "UFC On FOX 12 Picks Up Brian Ortega-Mike De La Torre". fightline.com. Retrieved 2013-06-12.
- Steven Marrocco (2014-07-26). "UFC on FOX 12 results, photos: Brian Ortega chokes out Mike De La Torre in first". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-07-26.
- C.J. Tuttle (August 22, 2014). "Ex-RFA Champ Brian Ortega tests positive for anabolic steroids following UFC on Fox 12". sherdog.com. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- Michael Job (September 22, 2014). "Philippine's Mark Eddiva vs Mike De La Torre added to UFC Fight Night Sydney". fightsportasia.com. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- Staff (October 14, 2014). "UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs Bisping lineup finalised for Sydney". fightnewsaustralia.com. Retrieved October 14, 2014.
- Staff (January 9, 2015). "Mike De La Torre vs. Tiago Trator added to UFC Fight Night 61 in Brazil". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved January 9, 2015.
- Steven Marrocco (February 22, 2015). "UFC Fight Night 61 results: Mike De La Torre batters Tiago Trator for first-round TKO". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved February 22, 2015.
- Staff (2015-06-01). "Maximo Blanco meets Mike De La Torre at TUF 21 Finale in July". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-06-01.
- Matt Erickson (2015-07-12). "TUF 21 Finale results: Maximo Blanco gets controversial 16-second TKO of De La Torre". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-07-12.
- Staff (4 September 2015). "Nam confirmed for UFC Seoul". foxsportsasia.com. Archived from the original on 24 November 2015. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- Ben Fowlkes (2015-11-28). "UFC Fight Night 79 results: Mike De La Torre takes split from Yui Chul Nam". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-11-28.
- Staff (2016-08-03). "UFC's return to Brasilia starts to take shape". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-08-03.
- Staff (2016-08-13). "Injuries force several changes to UFC Fight Night 95 in Brasilia". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-08-13.
- Ben Fowlkes (2016-09-24). "UFC Fight Night 95 results: Godofredo Pepey chokes Mike De La Torre for 4th first round finish in five fights". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-09-24.
- Brian Martin (2017-03-02). "UFC 210 adds Myles Jury vs. Michael De La Torre". dailynews.com. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- Ben Fowlkes (2017-04-08). "UFC 210 results: Myles Jury bloodies Mike De La Torre, snaps losing skid with first-round finish". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-04-08.