Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Population
|Azərbaycan Respublikasının Əmək və Əhalinin Sosial Müdafiəsi Nazirliy|
Coat of arms of Azerbaijan
|Formed||December 10, 1992|
|Headquarters||U. Hajibayov Street, 40, Government House Baku, Azerbaijan Republic AZ1000|
The Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Population of the Azerbaijan Republic (Azerbaijani: Əmək və Əhalinin Sosial Müdafiəsi Nazirliyi) is a governmental agency within the Cabinet of Azerbaijan in charge of regulating the labour markets and ensuring social protection of the population of Azerbaijan. The ministry is headed by Fizuli Alakbarov.
The Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Population was established on December 10, 1992 by the Presidential Decree of Abulfaz Elchibey. Before the inception of the ministry, the labour market activities and social protection of the population was handled by the State Commission of the Azerbaijan Republic on Labour and Social Protection and later Ministry of Social Provision of the Azerbaijan Republic which were abolished.
Main functions of the ministry are:
- Organization and preparation of state policies in the labour market, social security, provision of pensions, demographics and migrations sector and enforcement of these policies within the laws and norms of Azerbaijani legislature
- Creation of favorable conditions for employable workforce
- Protection of rights of all employed individuals at all enterprises, firms, offices and organizations regardless of their legal governmental or non-governmental status
- Enforcement of laws ensuring decrease of unemployment, increasing capabilities and opportunities for the disabled, youth, women with many children, Azerbaijani refugees and IDPs, members of the killed during the war; organization of events in cooperation with state and private companies for new hires
- Regulation of state assistance programs to poor families, provision of social services for the disabled and individuals with no families
- Implementation of research programs on demographics, labour and social protection and enhancing international cooperation in this sphere
- Organization of rehabilitation programs for the disabled, assistance to the disabled with acquisition of prosthetic appliances
- Regulation over enforcement of laws securing workforce protection, labour relations, workplace hygiene, migration, etc.
The ministry holds various events in the regions of Azerbaijan to stimulate deconcentration of the workforce in the capital.
- "CIA. Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members of Foreign Governments". Retrieved 15 November 2010.
- "AZƏRBAYCAN RESPUBLİKASI ƏMƏK VƏ ƏHALİNİN SOSİAL MÜDAFİƏSİ NAZİRLİYİ" [Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Population of the Azerbaijan Republic]. Retrieved 15 November 2010.
- "Əmək və Əhalinin Sosial Müdafiəsi Nazirliyi" [Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Population]. Retrieved 15 November 2010.
- "Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of the Population". Retrieved 15 November 2010.