|Elevation||984 ft (300 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||439444|
Morris was originally called Springdale, and under the latter name was first settled about 1840 by a colony of German Catholics. The name was changed to Morris in 1856. A post office called Morris has been in operation since 1858.
Morris is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Morris, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Alan F. Smith (2000). Ripley County in Vintage Postcards. Arcadia Publishing. p. 115. ISBN 978-0-7385-0734-7.
- Blanchard, Charles (1898). History of the Catholic Church in Indiana. A. W. Bowen & Company. p. 380.
- "Ripley County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
|This Ripley County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|