Mr. Fix-It (1918 film)
|Directed by||Allan Dwan|
|Produced by||Douglas Fairbanks
Jesse L. Lasky
|Written by||Ernest Butterworth (story)
Famous Players-Lasky / Artcraft
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
As described in a film magazine, because of his ability to fix things Dick Remington (Fairbanks) becomes known as "Mr. Fix-It" and enters the aristocratic home of the Burroughs as their nephew. Before long he has melted the stone hearts of three aunts and one uncle and won the heart of Mary McCullough (Hawley) in addition to setting aright the affairs of pretty Georgiana Burroughs (MacDonald) and Olive Van Tassell (Landis).
- Douglas Fairbanks as Dick Remington
- Wanda Hawley as Mary McCullough
- Marjorie Daw as Marjorie Threadwell
- Frank Campeau as Uncle Henry Burroughs
- Katherine MacDonald as Georgiana Burroughs
- Leslie Stuart as Reginald Burroughs
- Ida Waterman as Aunt Agatha Burroughs
- Alice H. Smith as Aunt Priscilla Burroughs
- Mrs. H.R. Hancock as Aunt Laura Burroughs
- Mr. Russell as Butler Jarvis
- Fred Goodwins as Gideon Van Tassell
- Margaret Landis as Olive Van Tassell
- Charles Stevens as Gangster (uncredited)
- Gustav von Seyffertitz as Doctor (uncredited)
Like many American films of the time, Mr. Fix-It was subject to restrictions and cuts by city and state film censorship boards. For example, the Chicago Board of Censors cut, in Reel 5, the policeman arresting women in kimonos coming from raided house of ill repute.
- IMDB entry
- "Reviews: Mr. Fix-It". Exhibitors Herald (New York City: Exhibitors Herald Company) 6 (19): 24. May 4, 1918.
- "Official Cut-Outs by the Chicago Board of Censors". Exhibitors Herald (New York City: Exhibitors Herald Company) 6 (25): 31. June 15, 1918.
- Mr. Fix-It at San Francisco Silent Film Festival website
- Mr. Fix-It at the Internet Movie Database
- allmovie/synopsis; Mr. Fix-It
- Progressive Silent Film List: Mr. Fix-It at silentera.com
- Still at silentfilm.org
|This 1910s comedy film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|