Parts of this article (those related to anything since 2009?) need to be updated.June 2019)(
NYU Local is a news blog run by New York University students. Founded in 2008 to cover discussion and NYU news, NYULocal.com receives, on average, 200,000 unique visitors each month. NYU Local publishes around 10 posts a day Monday through Friday. The blog is run by NYU undergraduates and is editorially independent from New York University. In 2008 NYU Local was profiled by PBS.
NYU Local was founded by Cody Brown and Lily Quateman in 2008.
NYU Local made news in 2009 when it embedded a live blogger into the Take Back NYU! Student Protest. The protest coverage, which spanned for three days, received links from prominent news websites. Gawker cited NYU Local as the "Definitive Food Court Occupatory Journalism source." New York Magazine, said NYU Local has done, "an excellent (and really, grueling) job of covering the student protest circus over at NYU.".
- "NYU Local Blog Connects a School with No Campus". PBS. 2008-10-05.
- "Student Journalist Spotlight: Cody Brown, NYU Local". College Media Matters. 2008-12-06.
- "Exclusive: NYU Students Barricade Doors, Occupy Kimmel". NYU Local. 2009-02-19.
- Moynihan, Colin (2009-02-19). "Live on the Web, the N.Y.U. Occupation". New York Times. Retrieved 2010-05-20.
- "NYU Protest Still Trying to Maintain". New York Magazine.
- "NYU Food Court Revolution Crushed". Gawker. 2009-02-20.