|Location||Jalalabad, Surkhrod, Afghanistan
Nangarhar University (Pashto: د ننګرهار پوهنتون) (Persian: پوهنتون ننگرهار) is a government-funded higher learning institution in Jalalabad, Afghanistan. It is the second largest university in Afghanistan. It has 13 collages and 15,385 students. Nangarhar University was established in 1963 as a medical college. It was later merged with other local colleges to become a full-fledged university. It now houses faculties in agriculture, engineering, education, medicine, theology, pedagogy, Public Administration and Policy, political science and veterinary medicine.
Nangarhar consists of faculties that include engineering, political science, economics, Public Administration and Policy, teachers' training, veterinary, and computer science. Nangarhar Medical Faculty (NMF) is the second largest medical school in Afghanistan.
Faculty of Languages and Literature
The faculty was established in 1984 under the administration of Nangarhar University. In that time, only the Pashtu Department was available, with six lecturers, nominated by the Faculty of Pashtu Language and Literature. Later on, the Russian Department was established, but after a short period of time, due to the lack of student numbers in the department, it wasclosed.
- The Arabic Department was established in 1993. From 1992 there were changes in the curriculum of the Pashtu Department such as the addition of English and Islamic subjects instead of Russian Language, Academic sociology and Political economics in addition to Pashtu and English Departments.
- The Dari Department was established in 2003.
- The Hindi Department was established in 2006.
- The German Department was established in 2014.
- The Master program in Pashtu Language was launched in 2014.
When other departments such as Arabic, English, Dari and Hindi department were added to the faculty the faculty name was changed from Faculty of Pashtu and Literature to the Faculty of Languages and Literature. In 2015 the faculty had 1494 students studying in all six departments, 1403 are male and 91 female students. There are 54 permanent professional lecturers.
Headings: All Senior Junior Sophomore Freshmen Department
Headings: All F M All F M All F M All F M All F M
515 28 487 137 6 131 132 7 125 146 5 141 100 10 90 Pashtu
422 25 397 120 13 107 121 7 114 86 0 86 95 5 90 English
207 20 187 35 9 26 13 0 13 59 1 58 100 10 90 Dari
209 1 208 54 1 53 31 0 31 44 0 44 80 80 Arabic
78 12 66 6 0 6 13 0 13 9 0 9 50 12 38 Hindi
80 10 70 Germany
1472 90 1403 364 30 334 305 10 295 344 6 338 560 64 496 All
- To provide professionals in national and foreign languages (Pashtu, Dari, English, Arabic, Hindi, Germany) in order to bring better communication to Afghanistan.
- To introduce Afghan cultural values into language learning.
- To provide academic seminars and conferences.
- To provide the facility of a master's degree in every department.
- To publish a historical and literary magazine.
- Dean 1
- Deputy 1
- Lecturers 54
- Administrative officer 1
- Officeholder 1
- Store keeper 1
- Servant 2
Educational background of lecturers:
- PhD 2
- Master 20
- Bachelor 32
- Associate professor 2
- Assistant professor 5
- Senior Teaching Assistant 5
- Junior Teaching Assistant 14
- Teaching Assistant 24
- Adjunct 4
Faculty of Languages and Literature
S/No Name Degree Academic Rank Department
1 Marouf Shah Shinwari M.A Assistant professor Pashtu
2 Masuod Nikbakht M.A Associate professor Arabic
3 Shah Wali M.A on going Associate professor Pashtu
4 Abdul Hai Moqem Ph.D Assistant Professor Arabic
5 Janis Zaran M.A Assistant Professor Pashtu
6 Fazal Wali Nagar M.A on going Assistant Professor Pashtu
7 Said Ghafoor Ghafoori B.A Assistant Professor Arabic
8 Ab.Qauem Madani Ph.D Senior Teaching Assistant Arabic
9 Azizullah Jabarkhail PhD on going Senior Teaching Assistant Pashtu
10 Khan Salam M.A on going Senior Teaching Assistant Pashtu
11 Ataullah Hidayat M.A on going Senior Teaching Assistant Arabic
12 Khiali Mohammad B.A Senior Teaching Assistant Pashtu
13 Baryalay Azizi M.A Junior Teaching Assistant Pashtu
14 Mohammad Dost Safi PhD on going Junior Teaching Assistant Arabic
15 M. Arif Hazam M.A Junior Teaching Assistant Arabic
16 Ulfatullah Jaghuri M.A Junior Teaching Assistant Arabic
17 MohammadDaud Wafa M.A Junior Teaching Assistant Pashtu
18 M. Qaim Mahmoodi M.A on going Junior Teaching Assistant Pashtu
19 Silia M.A on going Teaching Assistant Pashtu
20 Turyalay Mankhil B.A Junior Teaching Assistant English
21 Ezzatullah Saghar M.A Junior Teaching Assistant English
22 Mirwais Shinwari M.A Junior Teaching Assistant English
23 Latifullah Ghafoori M.A Junior Teaching Assistant English
24 Ziaurahman Zia M.A Teaching Assistant English
25 Shams urahman Adil M.A Teaching Assistant English
26 Ahmad Tasal Hazraty M.Ed. Teaching Assistant English
27 Ahamd Gul Momand B.A Teaching Assistant English
28 Baryali Rasooli B.A Junior Teaching Assistant English
29 M.Asif Amin B.A Teaching Assistant English
30 Zamarak Wisa B.A Teaching Assistant English
31 Fareed Sahil B.A Teaching Assistant English
32 Obaidullh Zahid B.A Teaching Assistant English
33 Fahim Rahimi M.A Teaching Assistant English
34 Omid Wali M.A Teaching Assistant English
35 Zahidullah Abid M.Ed Teaching Assistant English
36 M.Naeem Saad B.A Teaching Assistant English
37 M.Bakhtiar Atal B.A Teaching Assistant English
38 Said Aqa Musafar M.A Junior Teaching Assistant Dari
39 Tariq Zakir M.A Junior Teaching Assistant Dari
40 Motasim Billah Omid M.A Junior Teaching Assistant Dari
41 M. Zia Rajzee M.A Teaching Assistant Dari
42 Metra Darmal B.A Teaching Assistant Dari
43 Shafiqullah Khurasani B.A Teaching Assistant Dari
44 Sanatullah Noori B.A Teaching Assistant Dari
45 Zabihullah Fikry M.A on going Teaching Assistant Hindi
46 M.Fida Alkozaiy M.A on going Teaching Assistant Hindi
47 Said Samim Hashami B.A Teaching Assistant Hindi
48 Hidaytullah Hakimi B.A Teaching Assistant Hindi
49 Saharmal Sahar B.A Teaching Assistant Hindi
50 Ghufranullah Marouf B.A Teaching Assistant Hindi
51 Redwanullah B.A Adjunct Arabic
52 Gulrahman B.A Adjunct Dari
53 Hamidullah Samadzai B.A Teaching Assistant Germany
54 Fraidoon Rahimi B.A Adjunct Germany
- S/No Name Position Cell NO Email address
- Mohammad Zaman Musazi Registrar 0093700645410
- Barakat Sha MiaKhil Officer
- Abdullahmad Store Keeper
- Mohammad Ashraf Servant
- Department of Animal Science
- Merhatam Nazia (Associate Professor)
- Tawheed Ali Azeemi (Assistant Professor)
- Syed Majdod Rehan (Assistant Professor)
- Khushdil Maroof (Assistant Professor)
- Department of Agronomy
- Department of Plant Pathology
- Department of Horticulture
- Department of Extension
All students graduated from the departments are bachelor. Most of the lecturers are Ph.D or master's degree holders.
- Mohammad Amin Fatemi - graduated 1977
- Dr Mohammad Hussain Yar - ggraduated 1973 - (1942-2012) - medical doctor and professor of anatomy - Nanagarhar Medical Faculty
- Dr Ahmad Siar Ahmadi - medical doctor, professor of paediatrics - Nangarhar Medical Faculty
- Dagarwal Dr. Muhammed Kabir Sadiqi - medical doctor, Chief of Medicine at Kandahar Air Field hospital from 1982-1985, Bagram Airfield Hospital from 1985-1990 and Kabul International Airport Hospital from 1990 to August 12, 1992. Died during the civil war on August 12, 1992.
- Fahim Rahimi - graduated 2011 - Professor of English- Faculty of Languages and Literature, Fulbright FLTA 2013-14 Fayetteville State University North Carolina, USA.
- Humayoon Gardiwal, Graduated 2003- Master of Sciences in Public Health, University of Indonesia, Leadership Development for Health Consultant, Ministry of Public Health.