From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
CJ-SOTF and ANA 201st Corps patrol in Achin District.
Achin District is located in the south of Nangarhar Province.
|Governor||Haji Ghaleb Mujahed|
|Time zone||D† (Afghanistan Standard Time) (UTC+4:30)|
During the April 2017 Nangarhar airstrike, the United States Air Force dropped a MOAB in Achin district which targeted a tunnel complex of the ISIS-affiliate located in the area, and reportedly killed dozens of militants.
- "MRRD Provincial profile for Nangarhar Province" (PDF). Mrrd.gov.af. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- "UNHCR District Profile" (PDF). Aims.org.af. 2002-07-02. Retrieved 2006-07-06.
- "U.S. Bombs, Destroys Khorasan Group Stronghold in Afghanistan" (Press release). United States Central Command. 2017-04-13. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- Mashal, Mujib; Abed, Fahim (2017-04-14). "‘Mother of All Bombs’ Killed Dozens of Militants, Afghan Officials Say". The New York Times. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- "Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development" (PDF). Mrrd.gov.af. Retrieved 2017-04-17.
- [dead link]
|This Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|