Nene Whitewater Centre
The 300m course was designed by slalom designers, Proper Channels Ltd and built in 1999 by Wrekin Construction. Water can be partially diverted around a weir via an automatically controlled sluice gate. Additionally, three individually controlled electric pumps allow the centre to pump water from below the weir into the course. The course can be configured to cater for novices, or intermediates.
Other UK artificial whitewater centres
- Lee Valley White Water Centre
- Cardington Artificial Slalom Course
- Holme Pierrepont National Watersports Centre
- Teesside White Water Course
- Cardiff International White Water
- "Nene Whitewater Centre - Homepage". www.NeneWhitewaterCentre.co.uk. Nene Whitewater Centre. Retrieved 11 January 2017.
|This Northamptonshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|