|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||24 (list of episodes)|
|Camera setup||Single camera|
|Running time||15 minutes|
The Corddry Company|
Warner Bros. Studio 2.0
Warner Bros. Television
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television|
|Original network||Adult Swim|
|Picture format||16:9 HDTV|
|Original release||January 17, 2013– February 13, 2015|
Newsreaders is an American television comedy that aired on Cartoon Network's late night programming block Adult Swim. Newsreaders is a spin-off of Childrens Hospital, presented as the fictional news magazine Newsreaders. The series premiered January 17, 2013 and ended on February 13, 2015, with a total of 24 episodes over the course of 2 seasons.
- Dannah Phirman as Narge Hemingway
- Beth Dover as Sadee Deenus
- Alison Becker as Xandra Dent
- Kumail Nanjiani as Amir Larussa
- Randall Park as Clavis Kim (season 2)
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||10||January 17, 2013||March 21, 2013|
|2||14||October 23, 2014||February 13, 2015|
Season 1 (2013)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|1||1||"Auto Erotic"||Jim Margolis||Jim Margolis||January 17, 2013||104||1.51|
|Guest stars: Missi Pyle, Brian Posehn, Aaron Staton, Dan Rather|
|2||2||"Hedge Fun"||Jim Margolis||Rachel Axler||January 24, 2013||109||1.59|
|Guest stars: Brandon Routh, Lizzy Caplan, Dan Rather, Warren G|
|3||3||"Hair Razing"||Rhys Thomas||Jim Margolis||January 31, 2013||102||1.61|
|Guest stars: Dan Bakkedahl, Deanna Russo, Andrea Savage, Malin Åkerman, Lake Bell, Henry Winkler|
Rob Corddry & Jason Reich
|February 7, 2013||107||1.53|
|Guest stars: Katie Aselton, Garret Dillahunt, Patrick Fischler, Dennis Haysbert, Kerri Kenney, Joey McIntyre, Dan Rather|
|5||5||"Gay Camp"||Osmany Rodriguez & Matt Villines||Michael Showalter||February 14, 2013||108||1.61|
|6||6||"Fit Town, Fat Town"||Joe Burke||Jim Margolis||February 21, 2013||103||1.66|
|Guest stars: Reid Ewing, Toby Huss, Thomas Lennon, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Dan Rather|
|7||7||"Unborn Again"||Joe Burke||Jim Margolis||February 28, 2013||105||1.45|
|Guest stars: Ed Begley Jr., Josh Meyers, Jane Seymour|
|8||8||"31-Up"||Rhys Thomas||Jonathan Stern||March 7, 2013||106||1.60|
|Guest stars: Dave Foley, Keir Gilchrist, Rachael Harris|
|9||9||"Epic Fail"||Osmany Rodriguez & Matt Villines||Rob Corddry & Jason Reich|
John Aboud & Michael Colton
|March 14, 2013||101||1.60|
Skip Reming reports on airport security after 9/11, and Xandra Dent investigates the real intentions of hospital machines.Guest star: Neil Flynn
|10||10||"Jr. Newsreaders"||Osmany Rodriguez & Matt Villines||Wyatt Cenac||March 21, 2013||110||1.49|
|Guest Stars: Bob Clendenin, Piper Mackenzie Harris, Conan O'Brien, Kate Walsh|
Season 2 (2014–15)
Guest appearances in season two include Randall Park (as correspondent Clavis Kim), Billy Ray Cyrus, Malin Åkerman, Rob Huebel (as fictional Childrens Hospital star Rob Heubel), Rob Riggle, Martin Starr, James Urbaniak, Tom Lennon, Danny Pudi, Scott Adsit, Jenna Fischer, Mel Cowan, Ryan Hansen, Marc Evan Jackson, Steve Little, Harold Perrineau, the Sklar Brothers, David Wain, and David Hasselhoff.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date|
|11||1||"F-Dancing, Are You Decent?"||Alex Fernie and Jim Margolis||Kevin Kataoka and Jim Margolis||October 23, 2014|
|Amir LaRussa looks at a new dance trend that has school officials threatening to cancel the prom. And are you a racist? Clavis Kim answers that question. Guest star: David Hasselhoff|
|12||2||"Motorboating Dads; The Negative $100,000 Question"||Alex Fernie and Paul Scheer||Sam Sklaver and Tim Neenan||October 30, 2014|
|Sadee Deenus looks at a controversial new parenting trend and Reagan Biscayne exposes the dirty secrets of television game shows. Guest stars: Marc Evan Jackson; Rob Huebel; David Krumholtz; Jay Thomas|
|13||3||"The Journey of an iPhone; Restaurant Plague"||Alex Fernie and Jim Margolis||Rob Corddry and Kevin Kataoka||November 6, 2014|
|Xandra Dent traces the path the iPhone takes from mines to your pocket and Amir LaRussa reports on a hot new kind of theme restaurant. Guest stars: Matthew Atkinson; Jerry Minor; Tim de Zarn|
|14||4||"Roswell, New Mexico; Skip Goes to a Wedding"||Alex Fernie and Jim Margolis||Tim Neenan and Sam Sklaver||November 20, 2014|
|Sadee Deenus travels to the alien capital of the world and finds some surprises. Skip Reming goes to a wedding and also finds some surprises. Guest stars: John Ross Bowie; Brian Huskey; Seth Morris|
|15||5||"Headless Football Player; Identity Thief"||Alex Fernie and Paul Scheer||Jim Margolis and William Savage||November 27, 2014|
|Reagan Biscayne profiles a young athlete who overcame a rare disability to realize his dream, and Sadee Deenus meets an identity thief with a thick Russian accent and a huge problem. Guest stars: Craig Cackowski; Jon Daly|
|16||6||"Go Nadz; Talkin' News"||Alex Fernie and Jim Margolis||Sam Sklaver||December 4, 2014|
|Narge Hemingway investigates a controversy in the competitive world of car genitalia. Skip Reming and Rob Riggle chat with Childrens Hospitals' Ingrid Hagerstown. Guest stars: Rob Riggle; Malin Åkerman; Dave Holmes|
|17||7||"Strip Club Exposé; Long Lost Twins"||Alex Fernie and Jim Margolis||Jon Stern and Rob Corddry & Jim Margolis||December 11, 2014|
|The news crew go undercover to reveal the truth and lies inside a strip club. Also, lifelong friends discover they're twins who were separated at birth. Guest stars: Diora Baird; Jason Sklar; Randy Sklar|
|18||8||"America's Unknown President; Reporter on House Arrest"||Alex Fernie and Jim Margolis||Michael Showalter and Rob Corddry||December 18, 2014|
|Reagan Biscayne looks at a new documentary about an American President forgotten by the history books. Also, what happens when a Newsreaders reporter can't leave her house? Guest stars: Thomas Lennon; Billy Ray Cyrus; Martin Starr; Liz Cackowski|
|19||9||"A Billionaire Goes to Hell; Sitcom Family"||Alex Fernie and David Wain||Kevin Kataoka & Tim Neenan and Rachel Axler||January 9, 2015|
|Take a look at billionaire adventurer Reese Ballard's latest improbable quest and then go behind the scenes with America's favorite sitcom family, "The Jordans." Guest stars: Ryan Hansen; Michael McDonald|
|20||10||"Band Names-R-Us; Put Me in Coach"||Jim Margolis and Paul Scheer||Rob Corddry & Jim Margolis and Sam Sklaver||January 16, 2015|
|Clavis Kim explores the lucrative world of coming up with names for rock bands. Sadee Deenus profiles a football coach who is revolutionizing his sport. Guest stars: David Hasselhoff; Ian Roberts; Howard Kremer|
|21||11||"How the Sausage Is Made; Lottery Winners Lose"||Alex Fernie and Paul Scheer||William Savage and Lauren Caltagirone||January 23, 2015|
|Xandra Dent explores a company that is revolutionizing how sausage is made and Reagan Biscayne meets a lottery winner who makes him really, really angry. Guest stars: Danny Pudi; Kurt Braunohler; Steve Little|
|22||12||"Jellyfish Sting Clinic; David Hasselhoff"||Jim Margolis||Rob Corddry and Jim Margolis||January 30, 2015|
|In a Newsreaders exclusive, Amir LaRussa meets a doctor who is employing unorthodox methods to treat jellyfish stings and bites. Also, David Hasslehoff tells salacious tales from the set of Knight Rider. Guest stars: David Hasselhoff; Rhys Darby|
|23||13||"The FMK Killer; Newsreaders: Behind the Scenes"||Alex Fernie and Paul Scheer||Tim Neenan and Sam Sklaver||February 6, 2015|
|The first-ever interview with a controversial serial killer and the FBI agents who caught him. Also, a behind-the-scenes look at how popular newsmagazine Newsreaders is made. Guest stars: James Urbaniak; Jenna Fischer; Scott Adsit|
|24||14||"Creepiest Man Alive, Bomb Sniffing Dogs"||Alex Fernie and Paul Scheer||Tim Neenan and Matt Kriete & Andrew Fleming||February 13, 2015|
|A behind-the-scenes look at how People of Interest magazine puts together the "Creepiest Man Alive" issue. Also, how dogs are keeping Americans safe. Guest stars: Dan Bakkedahl, Timm Sharp|
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 18, 2013). "Thursday Cable Ratings: NBA Basketball Wins Night + 'Buckwild', 'Suits', 'Oprah's Next Chapter', 'Archer' & More". Zap2it. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (January 25, 2013). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Buckwild' Wins Night, 'Suits', 'Archer', 'Beyond Scared Straight', 'King of the Nerds' & More". Zap2it. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 1, 2013). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Buckwild' Wins Again, + 'Archer', 'Suits', 'The Daily Show', 'King of the Nerds' & More". Zap2it. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (February 8, 2013). "Thursday Cable Ratings:'Buckwild' Wins Night, 'Suits', 'Archer', 'Impractical Jokers', 'King of the Nerds' & More". Zap2it. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 15, 2013). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Swamp People' Beats NBA Basketball + 'Suits', 'Big Rig Bounty Hunters', 'Impractical Jokers' & More". Zap2it. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (February 22, 2013). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Swamp People' Wins Night, 'Archer', 'Suits', 'Impractical Jokers','King of the Nerds', 'Project Runway' & More". Zap2it. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 1, 2013). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Swamp People' Wins Night + 'Archer', NBA Basketball, 'Big Rig Bounty Hunters' 'King of the Nerds' & More". Zap2it. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (March 8, 2013). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Swamp People' Wins Night, NBA Basketball, 'Archer', 'Project Runway', 'Ridiculousness', 'Anger Management', 'King of the Nerds' & More". Zap2it. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 15, 2013). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Swamp People' Wins Night + 'Big Rig Bounty Hunters', 'Ridiculousness', 'Archer' NBA Basketball & More". Zap2it. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (March 22, 2013). "Thursday Cable Ratings: 'Swamp People' Wins Night,'NCAA Basketball Tournament', 'Archer', 'Ridiculousness', 'Project Runway' & More". Zap2it. Retrieved March 23, 2013.
- "Newsreaders goes hard in season two — like, really hard". 22 September 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2014.
- Newsreaders - Season 2 Trailer. IGN (Trailer). 30 September 2014. Retrieved 3 October 2014.