|Designer(s)||David Březina (Gujarati),|
Valentin Brustaux (Kannada, Telugu),
|Trademark||Nirmala is a trademark of the Microsoft group of companies.|
Nirmala UI is an Indic scripts typeface created by Tiro Typeworks and commissioned by Microsoft. It was first released with Windows 8 in 2012 as a UI font and supports languages using Bengali, Devanagari, Kannada, Gujarati, Gurmukhi, Malayalam, Odia, Ol Chiki, Sinhala, Sora Sompeng, Tamil and Telugu. It also has support for Latin, with glyphs matching Segoe UI. It is also packaged with Microsoft Office 2013 and later versions of Windows. It has 3 weights : Regular, Bold and SemiLight.
The typeface was art-directed by Fiona Ross, produced by John Hudson, hinted by Ross Mills. Fiona Rossa and John Hudson also designed the Devanagari and Odia, David Březina designed the Gujarati, Valentin Brustaux the Telugu, Jo De Baerdemaeker the Bengali and Fernando de Mello Vargas the Malayalam and Tamil. The Latin from Segoe UI is by Steve Matteson.
- "Nirmala UI - Version 1.01". Microsoft typography. 2012.
- "Default font changes (Windows)". MSDN. Retrieved 5 May 2015.
- "Guidelines for fonts". MSDN - Windows Dev Center.
- "Fonts that are installed with Microsoft Office 2013 products". Microsoft Support. May 15, 2014.
- "Nirmala UI Semilight". Monotype.
- Březina, David (2012). "Nirmala UI Gujarati". Retrieved 5 May 2015.
- Nirmala UI font files
|This digital typography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|